Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bay Mackerel M & G

Good luck for good weather everybody! I hope the weather gods have a change of heart and give you all calm seas and good conditions. Unfortunately, due to family committments I can't make it for this weekend's bash however, Snasman, Clone Trooper and myself will be hitting the northern bay in my rig for some macs next weekend 10th Feb. Hope to see some of you then if this weekend's bash gets called off. Cheers & tight lines!

Dorado

I was out last weekend and came home saturday afternoon in 20-25 and it wasn't pretty. Have left the boat in the water for the week hoping for this weekend but if the forcast doesn't improve think it will be a work around the house sort of weekend.

And I was so looking forward learning about how to finally catch some fish out there.

Cheers

Shane

Yeh next weekend sounds like a plan webby, no point getting bashed around this weekend.

Just hope that with some s/e wind it will really keep those spots at thier straps untill next week.

Jas

Ray & Brian,
    All set to go but give us a call re: Canning the day The weather doesnt look the best at present but heres hoping .
    Mick

Still remain hopeful here that the weather will settle further before the weekend.

For interest, what are peoples cut off points for the wind, is it no more than 10-15's, or no more than 15-20's?????

Just after an indication as to what people are using as their go / no go wind indicator.

- Darren

Re: Bay Mackerel M & G

iam with u jas. have really been looking forward to this but no good getting belted as lot of us have smaller boats. Lets just hope. Seabreeze says 10-15 this arvo but i can tell u it lots more than that here at woody pt

greg

Geday Webby / Lucky_Phil .
    If you decide to can the M & G this weekend , I'm up for next weekend & I'll be able to go into work this Saturday .

Here's the latest on seabreeze & BOM at 4.45pm today.?????

BOM

[issued 1524 Thursday]
    FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY
    Thursday until midnight: SE winds 15/20 knots with 0.9 metres. Isolated
    showers.
    Friday: SE winds 15/20 knots. Seas to 0.9 metre in open waters. A few showers.
    Saturday: SE winds 15/20 knots.
    Sunday: SE winds 15/20 knots.

[issued 1524 Thursday]
    DOUBLE ISLAND POINT TO COOLANGATTA
    Thursday until midnight: SE/E winds 15/20 knots with seas 1.6 metres.
    Isolated showers.
    Friday: SE winds 15/20 knots. Seas to 1.7 metres in open waters. Isolated
    showers.
    Saturday: SE winds 15/20 knots.
    Sunday: SE winds 15/20 knots.
    Last edited by Searaider 2; 01-02-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    Peter
    Searaider 2

looks like i will be giving it a miss

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Monday arvo, Tuesday morning looks good. Just have to swap the weekend for those days.

phill

decision time pending.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Monday arvo, Tuesday morning looks good. Just have to swap the weekend for those days.

phill

decision time pending.
    Mmmm, Tuesday... might hafta fall a little 'ill' that morning Any chance of putting in at say Cleveland, scooting across to the Rainbow and travelling north, sticking close to the island to stay protected? Or is 15/20kn too much for even that? Been a while since I've been silly enough to cop a Bay pounding

Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on that as well DC.
    May be an option but i don't know that area that well...

Cheers Dazza

That is certainly the long way around .

Anything much over 15kn is going to be pretty hard to fish unless they are close in around the Sandhills. The Rainbow may be an option or reschedule .

Brian, your call

Neil
    Last edited by Horse; 01-02-2007 at 06:55 PM.

I'm out for the weekend, dam wind

Just had a call from Webby - this weekend's mackerel trip has now been postponed to next weekend becasue of the weather.

Webby will post more details tonight when he can get to a computer.

Dave ><>