Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Party AGM - Townsville Members

Barrymundi

Fishing Party AGM - Townsville Members

I will be traveling to Cairns from Townsville for the AGM 29th July (subject to last minute work commitments).

If you would like to attend, let me know, I have a spare seat.

I will be staying overnight, accommodation would be your responsibility.

Cheers

Alan Deaner
    Chairman - Townsville Region

Re: Fishing Party AGM - Townsville Members

Was wondering when this was, unfortunately I'm on the dreaded Night Shift again Al. Guess you'll just have to talk Powers into it.

Darryl

Barrymundi

Gary is away.

We will have a get together after the AGM.

Cheers

Alan

Alan does the fishing party have a branch around redcliffe. I would be interested in attending a meeting and finding out a lot more about what you do and processes are in place to take our concerns to the gov.

Thanks Kel

Hi Kel,

Contact Shane at Water Tower Bait & Tackle. He is Chair of the "Brisbane South" branch and very active in your area. There are some big issues facing rec fishers in the SE corner, most particularly the 2007 rezoning of Moreton Bay. You can also view our activities on our web site www.fishingparty.com.au of particular interest will be our submission document on Great Sandy Straights and review into the GBRMPA.

While much of the focus of this organisation was in the North, with the reef rezoning, it is now shifting focus to the SE corner. In the fullness of time the GBR may end up being to recreational fishing what Franklin Dam was to the green movement. TFPQ started up north but is growing its support base across the entire Coast of Qld.

Regards

KC

Thanks for the info KC. I dont know where the water tower bait and tackle is but that can be fixed with a telephone book. I will get in contact with him on the weekend when I have finished this round of night shifts and my brain might actually function enough to comprehend what I am being told. Again thanks for the advice.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Its a shame that the Hervey Bay sub branch isnt active at all.

The driving forces behind the HB sub branch are NON existant. There has been no AGM for this sub branch and I cant find anyone who knows what is going on.

Last time I kicked up a stink I got some answers but since those answers there has been no action.

We were supposed to have an AGM that was to be held immediately after the GSS zoning announcement, is still hasnt happened with no sign of anything happening here.

Im not sure how many members are in our HB sub branch and if things dont start happening quickly there may be no supporters left here.

It will be a sad day when party supporters / members become the knockers !!!

Here is the link to TFPQ's website forums, where I have previously asked for help with this problem.

http://www.fishingparty.com.au/forum...topic.php?t=65

That was in May, prior to this I had asked these same questions before and got a very limited response then. So for the third time in around 7 months I will ask again,

When is the TFPQ Hervey Bay sub branch going to hold its AGM ?

Hi James,

Hervey Bay is suffering from a lack of willing manpower. Daryl, who originally put his hand up, has had a very seriuos (as in SERIUOS) health issue but is slowly recovering.

I have arranged for Daryl to come up to Cairns for the AGM and hopefully, from this we can get some "movement" back into TFPQ Fraser Coast. Matt Mercer, who was a great driver behind the very active Brisbane South branch is now in the Hervey Bay area and keen to get involved.

It really only takes 1 or 2 peole with some energy to get this moving forward and Hervey Bay is a potentially strong area for TFPQ....BUT...it needs some help.....Interested??

Cheers mate.

KC

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    Hi James,

Hervey Bay is suffering from a lack of willing manpower. Daryl, who originally put his hand up, has had a very seriuos (as in SERIUOS) health issue but is slowly recovering.

I have arranged for Daryl to come up to Cairns for the AGM and hopefully, from this we can get some "movement" back into TFPQ Fraser Coast. Matt Mercer, who was a great driver behind the very active Brisbane South branch is now in the Hervey Bay area and keen to get involved.

It really only takes 1 or 2 peole with some energy to get this moving forward and Hervey Bay is a potentially strong area for TFPQ....BUT...it needs some help.....Interested??

Cheers mate.

KC
    1. The same answers are growing old.

2. Ive offered to do anything I can on previous occassions and havent been contacted or pointed in the right direction.

3. I started the idea of the email newsletter and was told by you to get in and do it, I did. When I was just about had it ready, along comes a TFPQ newsletter which I knew nothing about.

4. Just how many times should I offer my help or have to kick start you blokes into responding let alone actually doing something about the problems here.

5. I know full well that Daryl is ill. Daryls heart is in the right place ( excuse the pun ). We need a leader before the few members that do care decide its a waste of time. Current members are sick of waiting for our leaders to lead us.

James

Hi James,

email me direct, kc@whitsunday.net.au & I will put you in contact with Matt. I know he is keen to get involved and between the 2 of you you can relaunch Hervey Bay.

Regards

KC

BAIT_MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Got_the_Fever
    Thanks for the info KC. I dont know where the water tower bait and tackle is but that can be fixed with a telephone book. I will get in contact with him on the weekend when I have finished this round of night shifts and my brain might actually function enough to comprehend what I am being told. #Again thanks for the advice.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    Kel
    Mate if you wish to have a chat with me i can be contacted on my mobile 0409343515. Mate i will be leaving to go up north tomorrow for the TFPQ AGM and will be back sunday night. You can ring me anytime.

Regards
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Big_unit
    [quote author=kc link=1152322937/0#8 date=1153888655]Hi James,

Cheers mate.

KC

2. Ive offered to do anything I can on previous occassions and havent been contacted or pointed in the right direction.

3. I started the idea of the email newsletter and was told by you to get in and do it, I did. When I was just about had it ready, along comes a TFPQ newsletter which I knew nothing about.

4. Just how many times should I offer my help or have to kick start you blokes into responding let alone actually doing something about the problems here.

5. I know full well that Daryl is ill. Daryls heart is in the right place ( excuse the pun ). We need a leader before the few members that do care decide its a waste of time. Current members are sick of waiting for our leaders to lead us.

James

[/quote]

G'day James, great to see your passion mate and I hope others will join in. The Fraser Coast Branch of TFPQ is lacking in people like you that want to make a difference. We really need people to put up their hands for the executive positions (chairman and sectretary). Until this happens the branch will struggle. So if yany of you are concerned put your hand up and do something apart from winge.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher
    [quote author=Big_unit link=1152322937/0#9 date=1153908648][quote author=kc link=1152322937/0#8 date=1153888655]Hi James,

Cheers mate.

KC

James

[/quote]

G'day James, great to see your passion mate and I hope others will join in. The Fraser Coast Branch of TFPQ is lacking in people like you that want to make a difference. We really need people to put up their hands for the executive positions (chairman and sectretary). Until this happens the branch will struggle. So if yany of you are concerned put your hand up and do something apart from winge.
    [/quote]

Point taken James, but not pointed at you. > Point being we need execs in the fraser coast, and no one is putting their hand up