Thread: Houseboat ex tincanbay

Houseboat ex tincanbay

Just back from a few days on a houseboat out of tincanbay.'First time on one so didn't know wat to expect.
    Enjoyable enuf but personally wouldn't do it again.Fished out of the mothership and took my tinny as well.Must have caught dozens of fish all undersize..flattys.squire,mosesperch,barracuda.cod .sweetlip.sole,stingrays,sharks,stripeys,
    I guess its good that they are breedin..
    Only downside was the sewerage system acted up,emitting raw sewage from the boat.Not a nice thing as the smell was really bad.
    Waitin to hear from the operator as i recon a refund of some kind would be in order as the cost is pretty high.
    Do others have an opinion on this????
    maybee I.ll post the operators name if nothing happens and anyones interested.

Re: Houseboat ex tincanbay

Yes, Jim, those houseboats , IMO, are expensive !

And certainly, if you are not completely satisfied with your ' product ", then some sort of compensation is expected. Usually, these operators will offer a 'discount' for next time. Full well knowing, that as you were not happy with this effort, you won't be back for another shot.

I have had many people tell me about good things from their respective houseboat experiences. Let's face it, that area where you went is popular and heavily fished.

CHeers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yeah we had a bit of a bad experience on a houseboat out of rainbow beach on our honeymoon!

The owner got a little narky when he provided us with a tinny whose engine had water in the fuel tank and played up on us ... he didn't take too kindly to being told it was his engine who had water in.

hi jim,,,, houseboats are hit and miss alright, but it boils down to the owners,,, a group of us take the week after easter off each year and spend it away from civilization fishn,,, a couple of years back we hired a housie for a week,, had a graet first 2 days,, then on the third day we were hit by another housie in the bow whilst we were anchored,, apparently he pulled mooring and was underway when he lost steering, and couldnt cut the motor,,, we were directly in his path and had no way of getting out of it,,,a quick call to the operator had him motoring out to inspect damages pronto,,, we lost most of that day stuck in a bay with only the beer fridge and a couple of local dingoes to keep us company,, the outcome,,, a rebated refund for our downtime,, and a 50% discount if we returned,,,dont need to advise the amount of free advertising he got from word of mouth over the few months after the incident,,,sadly e has moved on and sold his business,,, from what i hear,, it sounds like the new bloke maybe the one you've encountered,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I am looking into a houseboat holiday soon, now i am getting a bit suss on the whole idea. If someone knows of a good reputable operator around Noosa of the Goldie, i know there is a few but i said reputable, i would be very greatful. I dont want to end up in the shit like jimbamb
    Jewienewie

Had the same problem with the $hitter 20 years ago on a housie from coombabah lakes made it bloody near impossible to keep the beer down but we got there
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Griz,
    Geez its tuff but SOMEONE has to do it!!!!!