Thread: anaconda-dont bother

anaconda-dont bother

went in the new anaconda store today to check it out what can i say?
    dont bother unless you wanna wonder around in a big empty barn with barely any offering and kids as expert salesman .
    biggest store my a#&e
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

WHITTO

Re: anaconda-dont bother

I disagree up to a point manchild,I can buy my Barra lures from them for at least $1.50 cheaper than anywhere else,I don't need floor staff too tell me what I need for my type of Fishing, Cheers Whitto

thats good m8 at least some get something there i find the range a bit poor with a few rods hangin around few tents few everything and forget about choice unless you just watched one those lifestyle shows and now itching to get out there for the first time in your freshly ironed shirt cheers
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

got to agree they don't have alot of depth in their stock, i think they are trying to cover too many sports

cheers

lippa

Spot on lippa - went there on the weekend and it seems like they are trying to be all things to all people. Interesting concept but time will tell if its a goer - they sure didnt have much of a fishing range anyway.

But then again where else can you kit out for an arctic fishing, camping, canooeing and mountaineering adventure all under one roof???

Is there a market for that

I agree, range is poor and generally overpriced however, they have some good chairs at the moment on sale for $19 (called Spinifex Deluxe Recliner Chairs). Only check cause I drive past it.

Ross
    So many fish, so little time!

Sounds like a rip of, of BCF

NeilD

I thought it was like a big toy store and was pretty impressed. The staff were helpfull and friendly. The fishing tackle was limited but the rest of the gear was OK in my opinion. I picked up a recovery kit for $60 and a pretty flah folding alloy slat table. The specials were pretty good such as Diawa Samurai 7BB reels for $49.00 etc

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Horse
    I thought it was like a big toy store and was pretty impressed. The staff were helpfull and friendly. The fishing tackle was limited but the rest of the gear was OK in my opinion. I picked up a recovery kit for $60 and a pretty flah folding alloy slat table. The specials were pretty good such as Diawa Samurai 7BB reels for $49.00 etc

Neil

I picked up one of these (a 4000 size) for $45 at Keperra BCF (young Chemmy served me) a couple of weeks ago. I reckon they're a top little reel at that price (RRP $89.95).

Those slat tables are the go - I've got a small one that the 20l water container sits on. Folds down nice and small, and very lightweight.

Good luck,
    Mike

I found the store just like any other large retail outlet. Know your product, know when your getting a bargain, and prepare to ask for assistance when your require it. I haven't met anyone who passed "mind reading 101" back in their school days yet, so ask for help when needed. These places are great for lowering the price on items. #Can't wait for the store to open up in Townsville.

I too thought selection would be bigger, but there a few things you can pick up on the cheap thats for sure.

I went all the way to Everton Park from Ipswich after ringing to make sure that they had inflatable life jackets in stock only to find they were sold out, they said that a pilot had come in and got 10 of them, I was spewing. I ended up having to go down to Southport to get some. The only compensation I was offered from Everton Park was they reduced the price of the Hutchwilco jackets by $10, WOW.