Thread: Camping on Moreton

Camping on Moreton

A large group of us are heading over to Moreton in the morning.

Wondering if there is any grass camping sites on the eastern side? we camped at Blue Lagoon last time. Nice, but grass under foot for a few days would be nice over sand.

Re: Camping on Moreton

Eagers Ck has a nice area......once you get over the eastern beach on the middle rd, turn right and head south. Can't remember how far down it is but it is well sign posted.

There are also unmarked grass sites behind the dunes all the way up and down the beach, a little exploration where there are already tracks should sort you out.

Eagers Ck has a nice area......once you get over the eastern beach on the middle rd, turn right and head south. Can't remember how far down it is but it is well sign posted.

There are also unmarked grass sites behind the dunes all the way up and down the beach, a little exploration where there are already tracks should sort you out.

The old squatters camp should be open now at yellow patch. I think it is called north point camp area. It is not strictly on the eastern beach but you are within walking distance to north point and the beach. A short drive will see you on the eastern beach. When I was there a few months ago it was closed for work on the facilities which are fantastic. Great toilet and camping facilities with massive open grass areas for camping and games. One downfall of it is that unless there were some sites around the track......that we didn't find, there is no access to get a campertrailer into the sites. The area is fenced off with a car park etc and you have to carry your gear to where you want to set up.

It is all a little too developed for me and I imagine in busy periods you would be sharing your tent pegs with your neighbour.

As Rhetly said, quite a few grassy sites hidden behind the dunes. Takes a bit of exploration to find the good ones ... and the better they are the more likely someone is already there