Thread: Currumbin Ck morning 21/11/14

Currumbin Ck morning 21/11/14

Conditions didn't look the best this morning but very happy my mate talked me into going. We hit the boat ramp around 9:00am and motored over to the boatshed to grab some live beach worms. Apparently they had problems last night and all the worms died. They soaked them in metho and red food dye and assured us they would work.

We both thought we were sold a dud but decided to give them and the prawns a go. We anchored up near the Gold Coast Hwy bridge, baited up and threw in our lines. My first rod out had a prawn while I rigged my new rod and reel. On went the alcho worm and into the drink.

A couple of small bites on the prawn meant a rebait and sent out again. Soon thereafter there was a bit of a tap on the worm so I gave it a bit of slack, felt another bite so I struck. Well the new road loads up and the reel starts complaining, off goes a good run. Was wrapped around the rocks a couple of times but up anchoring and repositioning the boat had us free again. A bit of a fight and we have an 85cm flathead into the boat, a great start to the day.

The old girl was released and we repositioned and anchored up again. Not too much more action so we tried a couple of spots and went home with some bream and whiting. A very enjoyable Friday.
    Last edited by Boofhead03; 21-11-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Add photo

Re: Currumbin Ck morning 21/11/14

A photo is worth 1000 words!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead03 View Post
    Attachment 106469

A photo is worth 1000 words!
    Still cant see the photo that is showing the 1000 words, or any words for that matter
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Thanks Doug, how about now?

http://
    IMG_2368 by Boofhead03, on Flickr

Yes. The photo is able to be viewed now, thanks.
    Cheers, Doug.

BTW, that is a nice flathead. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodoo haven View Post
    BTW, that is a nice flathead. Well done mate.
    Thanks Doug, to say I was happy would be an understatement. I have caught plenty of bigger fish outside but as I pretty much only fish the estuaries now It rates as one of my best catches.