Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevlacat 5.1m Suncoaster

Kevlacat 5.1m Suncoaster

I am trying to find out what a 5.1 Suncoaster, made by kevlacat, is worth these days? I can't find one for sale anywhere so i have no idea.

Any ideas?
    What day of the week is it?

Re: Kevlacat 5.1m Suncoaster

I thought I was fairly up with Kevlacat's range, but "Suncoaster" has me a bit perplexed.

Care to share a photo with us?

G'day

Suncoaster is the cathedral style hull centre console by memory, Wynnum marine had one for sale a while back with teal green gelcoat on the deck mold with a 150? mariner on the back. Maybe give them a bell and see what it sold for, $17kish sounds about right to me.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

I think it was one of those longboat sort of things?? low sided, but I could be wrong.

Think Blackened is on the money. I think they were around in the late 70's early 80's and weren't around long
    Duck

I saw a Kevlacat trihull/cathedral up here last year on the water. Looked to be about 5.5m and surprised me. It wasnt til I checked it out at the ramp that I saw the kevlacat sticker.
    Looked to be quite a new boat. saw it for sale on the side of the road a few months later for around 20ish.

There is a photo of one on this page but I am not a member to get a bigger view.
    http://www.###################.com.a...ncoaster.4766/

It appears that the website is blocked.
    here is the google search and the site is about salt fly fishing
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=K...m=122&ie=UTF-8
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Nomad Sportfishing used them as dories for several years very successfully. I spent a week in one in 2008. Very stable, but not the smoothest ride in a bit of chop. They were running 70 HP Suzuki four strokes and getting about 27 kts with 4 pob and plenty of gear. Would run almost all day on a 23l tote tank.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

they are pretty ordinary boats really. Heavy and harsh riding. (cathederal, boston whaler aussie whaer style hulls)
    one plus is they are very safe - foam filled.

yep thats the one ozynorts. very good boat for inshore and estuary work. stable, dry, plenty of deck space and easy to manoeuvre. i have a lot of confidence in them.

i just wish i could find one for sale.

Suncoaster_photos_001 (Small).jpgIMG_5261.jpg

Yeah I do recall those now...... Would be a good estuary boat, as you say, very Boston Whaler-ish.

Samsy

I have a mate who is putting his on the market as we speak. It's a 2005 model, limited edition running a 2012 Yammy 80 4 stroke with 280 hours. The guy's name is Paul and the boat is at Caloundra. it's immaculate but he is getting old and fat and it's getting a bit of a handful for him to put on the trailer on his own.

His mobile is 0401856090

Cheers Phil

That's kind of what I thought they were like, but didn't know they were a multi hull thing, never seen one front on, wonder how many they made?

Thanks oldmanriver. I got into Paul yesterday. His boat Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fruit salad is the new Bacon