Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Targeting a trout bag & box full in the shallows

Re: Targeting a trout bag & box full in the shallows

Hey i'm short not a midget

That's why most of us keep a Hobbit in the crew.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

gav I can see you holding that 40cm squire in your avatar so you are always welcome. But Neil on the other hand is holding up a pre historic monster that only looks like a 15kg greeny so he may have to trim down... by the way could you two please shorten your arms..lol

Cheers for the write up Banana. I'm keen to try some of your thoughts on the trout up here off Cairns. I never used to have many dramas catching my bag, but since the sharks have moved in on all of my good marks for trout I'm struggling to get a feed some trips. So it's good to read some other people's ideas on what works for them.

Definitely keen to try out the rig, although it will be an expensive trip if you get sharked a few times.

Pazz

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    Cheers for the write up Banana. I'm keen to try some of your thoughts on the trout up here off Cairns. I never used to have many dramas catching my bag, but since the sharks have moved in on all of my good marks for trout I'm struggling to get a feed some trips. So it's good to read some other people's ideas on what works for them.

Definitely keen to try out the rig, although it will be an expensive trip if you get sharked a few times.

Pazz

Pazz,

thanks mate

If you tie the knots correctly the knott always breaks at the swivel so 99% of the time when you get sharked or lose your gear you get your leader back and just have to tie on a new set of hooks and throw a sinker on. Only takes a minute and if this is the case each rig is only a few bucks so its not too bad.

Im interested to see how you go up there. Im sure it would be similar to how we go down this way.

cheers

keith

got any any 5/0 big guns yet keith...you need some,none in your shed.haha