Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barries and Dolly

Barries and Dolly

Headed out east of Moreton island this morning to chase a few bar cod and have a troll. It was a last minute decision to go so we just made the best of what we had in our freezers at home. On the way out we threw in a few crab pots that collected 9 sandies latter on the return trip home.

We weren't really that interested or organised in fishing today, more so keen to just get away from work have a good day on the water a few beers and learn to utilise our sounders in the deeper water that little bit better.

All in all a good day with Jason and Brent resulting in good feed of barries to keep us feed for weeks to come.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00748.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	105956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00740.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	105957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	105958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0646.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	105960
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	105959  

Re: Barries and Dolly

Big ol dolly that one!

well done fellas a great feed,bout time you got your rig out mate..

Nice mated idyll get the dolly on skirts or x-raps mate going out Thursday of the cape
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Cheers for the trip mate, had a good day with all the usual banter.It would have been great to head up to agnes but the closures put a stop to that hence our last minute dash off here.Hopefully we will get up next week.!!

Nice fish lads.

Sorry guys, I must have missed the call!! LOL

Top Bull mate . Im still deciding wether to go tonight or not closures end Midnight

\JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Solid bull, great head on it!

Well done Keith,
    Crackin Dolly and very interesting sounder shots

On ya mate....
    Even Sandies! Anything this lad can't catch

Good to see the boat back in action too...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Father and son.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	105969

Jason's young fella Zane. The kids going to be a fishing machine. He cant talk real well yet but knows the name of every species and what they look like. He can also shit stir like the best of us so he will blend in well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Top Bull mate . Im still deciding wether to go tonight or not closures end Midnight

\JT
    We were the same JT. Jason and myself had planned to head up to 1770 and go out to north reef tonight but decided to leave it until mid next week. So a last minute decision yesterday morning was to head out and deep drop of here while having a few beers.

Nice fish Keith
    That's a great drop off in 900, shame it's not in the 300 to 700 depth as it could have been quite special..

Cheers Brett,

We got some good images then I played around with the unit until I could see nothing!!! A phone call to Shane Bearmore sorted that out and we were of and running again with some absolute cracking images. At times I could identify individual fish up to 300mtrs. Jason and myself learnt more about our sounders yesterday in one day than we have learned in 10 years. We have along way to go but definitely starting to make sense