Thread: Boat Repower & JB Marine Ingham

Boat Repower & JB Marine Ingham

Howdy all,
    I have another project boat underway and looking to repower with a 175-200 4 stroke.
    Going through all the facts and figures and still comparing the big name brands- yamaha, Honda and Suzuki. Not a big fan of the verado's and not overly keen on going back to 2 stroke (optimax/e-tec) so unless I find one on the side of the road, they probably won't get a start. At the moment, Honda is my choice at moment, only because Garry seems to be the only bloke to respond to questions and is extremely helpful. Another big factor is the warranty however, they all seem to come with 5 years now. NMEA is also required.
    I did find however the JB Marine have a couple of 175 Suzukis at cost at the moment so will hit them up ( unless some sneaky bugger reads this and gets in before me). Anyone got any info on them from up that way and what they are like to deal with. If I did go along that path of purchasing a donk off them, I'd probably ship it down here to be fitted anyway.

Any info/feedback on JB (or any other places that have some ripper deals on outboards) or engine choice would be appreciated.

Re: Boat Repower & JB Marine Ingham

JB has been around up this way ever since I remember. they have had the suzi agency taken off then in a dealer reshuffle in NQ they are still a merc dealer so will still be around. this is what they had the 175's for on a local forum.2 x DF175TX (4 Stroke) $18,825.00. I wouldn't have a clue if he will sell without fitting
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Go to my website and send me an email if you want a ripper deal on a Honda
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by No Fear View Post
    Howdy all,
    I have another project boat underway and looking to repower with a 175-200 4 stroke.
    Going through all the facts and figures and still comparing the big name brands- yamaha, Honda and Suzuki. Not a big fan of the verado's and not overly keen on going back to 2 stroke (optimax/e-tec) so unless I find one on the side of the road, they probably won't get a start. At the moment, Honda is my choice at moment, only because Garry seems to be the only bloke to respond to questions and is extremely helpful. Another big factor is the warranty however, they all seem to come with 5 years now. NMEA is also required.
    I did find however the JB Marine have a couple of 175 Suzukis at cost at the moment so will hit them up ( unless some sneaky bugger reads this and gets in before me). Anyone got any info on them from up that way and what they are like to deal with. If I did go along that path of purchasing a donk off them, I'd probably ship it down here to be fitted anyway.

Any info/feedback on JB (or any other places that have some ripper deals on outboards) or engine choice would be appreciated.

Don't come looking for cheap new outboards up at CAIRNS you will literally get arse raped with their Quote's

Anywhere up north is expensive. A mate from Rockhampton saved $3500 on a 140 Suzuki buying in Brisbane.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon