Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any crabs in Caloundra - Bell's Creek - Military Jetty

Re: Any crabs in Caloundra - Bell's Creek - Military Jetty

G'day Cuzza,

Thanks for the info on that fish, I've never seen a juvenile crescent grunter, thought it was a stripey due to stripes lol.

Bondy

G'day Cuzza,

Thanks for the info on that fish, I've never seen a juvenile crescent grunter, thought it was a stripey due to stripes lol.

Yep, certainly is a bit of erosion, would have been a nice place to camp for few days, I was told the area we ventured onto was a no go for camping.

Bondy

Bondy, no camping but plenty of people throw up a cabana for day use. The area further south is even more eroded, it is probably 30 m wide and looks like agent orange had been sprayed, all the pandanas palms that we often picknicked under are all gone and buried in the surf. If it breaks through it will be just north of the channel marker.
    Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Mate, many people call them striped grunter, so you were correct, too.

Cuzza

Dignity,

That northern tip I was at was certainly an eye opener, I should have brought my handycam with me , would have been nice to have recorded what I've seen over there.

I would have liked to stay a bit longer but had to be back home by Friday evening.

Would have been a good spot to relax for awhile. Seen heaps of cuttlefish bones, I would have ventured down onto the ocean side and take some home , wife of a farmer I know has birds that require cuttlefish bones on occasions (probably for the mineral or salt).

Maybe I could have got back up the dune with a 50 foot rope tied to a tree that looked a bit susc. From what I seen on the surf side, the high tide laps at the edge of the dune, that's on a calm day.

Cheers, Bondy