Thread: red claw

red claw

hi all
    how are we going to get a feed of red claw when the gov change the opening to 50 MM I think it will stop a lot of people from going to the dams and support the small towns and stop culling the red claw are they bloody crazy
    cheers snap

Re: red claw

Can't find that rule anywhere on fisheries website. Down here they are a declared pest with
    a no return policy

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    hi all
    how are we going to get a feed of red claw when the gov change the opening to 50 MM I think it will stop a lot of people from going to the dams and support the small towns and stop culling the red claw are they bloody crazy
    cheers snap
    I thought that they are talking about banning the opera house style pots altogether although this is still not a law as yet, I believe it is due to potentially come in as early as next February.

However I have also heard that the banning of opera style yabby traps will not affect the dams around Brisbane (Somerset, Wivenhoe) as the Platypus (which is what they are trying to protect) doesn’t live in the dams it lives in the streams leading to and from them.
    Cheers Axl

I know at Maroon, I've caught a heap of red claw in shrimp traps...some really big ones too, so I don't think it will impact too much.

I heard redclaw are being caught presently in Maroon Dam , I don't know if there's any truth to this or just someone having a laugh.

Bondy