Thread: Saturday down the Pin flathead

Saturday down the Pin flathead

I went out Saturday and had very little luck at all. In fact the worst flathead session I can remember for a long time. I am not new to flathead on SP or hardbodies but things were quiet. The weather wasn't the best but I would be interested in how other's went.

Re: Saturday down the Pin flathead

I didnt fish at the Pin but fished out the southern bay area on sunday (in 20knot winds) with the father-in-law and we managed our bag limit of snapper between 40-60cm..the fish were a bit slow and we could only tempt them when we dropped down in leader size.

Blog Entries

Gday DavoI fished sat and sunday in the Pummy Passage. Sat was a bit of a struggle but things picked up sunday with a few nice flattys landed. (Check trip reports for more details)

Dave, fished the pin Friday and Saturday and it was a struggle for me as well considering the cracker session I had the week before. Got 2 nice ones at 70 & 78 and 5 between 40 - 55 but that was it. Lost a few big ones and saw plenty but they didn't want to play the game. I think the small tides had something to do with it. The week before I did a solo session and got 13 between 40 and 86 so it was a bit of a disappointing couple of days. Lost a monster jewfish, which sucked but that's fishing.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had to fish but got a couple of 60c on live bait thanks Perro

I just spent 4 days out in the houseboat parked at tipplers and out of the 4, 2 day were good so i hit the pin and I chucked everything I had at them and not a scale...yesterday I did better back in the Coomera river just on the turn of the tide,