Thread: Whiting and getting smoked!

Whiting and getting smoked!

Hey all,

went out to the Rouse early Sunday morning with a mate to get a feed of whiting and have drift over some marks at Harries.

Started in about 12 feet where we cleaned up last year with some fresh worms, no fish.. moved to 15 feet.. no fish, drifted into about 19 feet of water and past a bloke who was pulling them in one after another and several doubles on the paternoster.

He let us know that the fish were in the 21-23 foot range and were smashing the squid, after laughing and noting we were only had worm he said to come over and grab some of his squid.

We ended up with 26 nice fish in about an hour. We ended up keeping another 4 of the smaller ones alive to drift the marks. The first 3 spots had boats anchored up on them but the fourth was clear, I sent down a live winterie and a mate bounced a softie... We drifted over some nice shows on the sounder and my livie starts twitching and it got smashed....the fight lasted about 30 seconds with me on the wrong end of the decision, Got reefed and busted off.

Ended up putting down a couple pillies for a couple nice squire over the same little bit of reef. It shut down after that so we headed home with a feed of winteries.

If the bloke in the 5.3m Aluminium centre console Clarke boat that gave us the squid is a member, a big cheers for that mate. we would have struggled otherwise.

Cheers

Bermo

Re: Whiting and getting smoked!

A True gentleman he was for sure.