Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bias boating warning...! Voluntary administration

Bias boating warning...! Voluntary administration

Hi all,

Just a word of warning that this company (Bias Boating) has been placed into voluntary administration, I would not plan to order any items from this company as you may never see the product or your hard earned again.....!

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.a...7-3ebe8a7e8a34

Cheers

Steve

Re: Bias boating warning...! Voluntary administration

Holy crap batman!

I thought being under administration guaranteed any transactions?

Hope they trade out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimex View Post
    Hi all,

Just a word of warning that this company (Bias Boating) has been placed into voluntary administration, I would not plan to order any items from this company as you may never see the product or your hard earned again.....!

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.a...7-3ebe8a7e8a34

Cheers

Steve
    I thought this was coming. My local bias has slowly had their stock disappearing and they have not been getting new stock to refill the shelves. All electronics also went online only. This is about 3 weeks ago and I have not been back since as whenever I went they never had what I was after, when before they did. Sad news.

However the Jaycar brand now have a boat and 4x4 shop. Watch that space for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post

Not 100% sure of that, I guess it depends on how dire their situation is. I know I was working for a company that did the same, I lost 11k in super alone in the end as the company was wound up.

This may also mean a great sale for any items already in stock?

it has been spoken about for quite a while now

I just visited the Tingalpa store this very hour. They are Open.

It might be a good place to shop if you can find something in stock that you want.
    But I agree with Kiwimex - probably not a good time to order something and pay up front.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post

Yes, that is normally the case. All authorised transactions whilst under administration are guaranteed by the administrator. It is the transactions (orders, laybys, deposits, gift cards. warranties etc.) that were processed prior to the administrator being appointed that can be an issue.

I have noticed over the past couple of months that their shelves were getting a little bare. I picked up 4 inflatable life jackets from them about a month ago for $35 each. There might be some bargains around.

Just a sign of the times I guess, I think we will see this a bit more often in the future, not only in boating but other equipment too, I guess some can be attributed to on line sales, and even though most of these places have on line facilities, it is just a fact of life they cant buy for what an end user can buy for over seas. I don't think there is an answer, and people saying "be competitive" are not being realistic.

Bias boating warning...! Voluntary administration

I'd be curious to know if BIAS will close there stores but still trade online just like EzyDvD did? I work just around the corner from the Virginia branch and have always had reasonably good service. I've bought númerous gear from them either instore or at the boat show over the years. Ashame to see them close up shop/s if this is the path taken?
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Pity, always had good service there, and l benefited from their competition with Whitworths. i hope they stay afloat.
    ~~~><))))*>

All stores nationally have just had their locks changed and doors shut.....!

including Tingalpa. Open this morning. Closed this afternoon.

(edit - Yes, there was a locksmith van out the front)
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Where does one go on the northside now. Certainly not BCF