Thread: What are they worth

What are they worth

I have been asked by a friend to give an idea on the value of some fishing gear that was owned by her recently departed husband. I have been able to do that with some of the gear that I'm familiar it, but other items I have no idea about so I said I would tap into the collective knowledge of Ausfish.

So here goes:

There are 2 Pastime Powerods made by Len Butterworth, both 20lb, one roller tip one without. One - I think the roller tip one - is a Commander Deluxe 20lb. Both rods have canvas rod bags and vanished timber butts with cork fore grips.

20140719_144646.jpg

A G-Loomis SJR781 GL2 fast action 6-10lb spin rod. Needs a clean up but still works fine.

And the following surf rods:

20140719_145757.jpg

20140719_145813.jpg

20140719_145909.jpg
    There are some old Alvey Reels as shown in the pictures below.

Alvey1.jpg

20140719_145706.jpg

Alvey2.jpg

Alvey3.jpg

Alvey4.jpg

A Penn and a couple of Stradics in need of a clean and an oil. One is missing the screw out of the side of it as shown in the photo below:

20140719_145425.jpg

20140719_145434.jpg

20140719_145453.jpg

So any thoughts on the value of these items?

Re: What are they worth

Free to good home i would think.

newphew or neice or grandchild maybe good way for them to start
    happy days ahead summer is coming

People collect Alveys and I think some are on this site. They could be worth a few dollars as may the rods. Can't help with prices but I'm sure someone here will help and maybe even make some offers.

The old timber Alveys can be worth some real coin. The G Loomis would find a buyer. The other stuff is not worth much though
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

G-loomis rod about $280 rrp, $210 on sale at the moment.

http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/p...&sort_by=price

The Penn is only about $90 brand new and the Stradic's are usually a couple hundred each.

Yeh mate I been trying to private message you but something is stopping it from going threw so I will give her fifty dollars for the penn reel if she is interested my contact is 0428583506 BOB

The Stradic would probably fetch $50 if it was cleaned up.
    The surf rods and alveys I would donate to a children's camp group like Malby runs......will see plenty of good use by kids who need that in thier life.
    You would be lucky to get $20 for each of thise old glass rods, even though they will last many years yet.
    Jack.

PM Sent
    David
    Historian/Collector of Old Sidecast Fishing Reels