Thread: any kingies at curtain arti yet

any kingies at curtain arti yet

have not been to the cape for a while or to curtain reef just inquiring to the locals any kings up there yet as they are starting to get them down the goldy at the moment would not mind trying popper fishing on the inside of moreton at curtain for them
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: any kingies at curtain arti yet

Got 1 good one about 5 weeks back, had 3 in the burley trail, very finicky and took a long time and lots of burley before a hook up,but once I did and handed the rod to my nephew who had only got beam and writing before, it rooted is hardest to be rid of us many times and the boys legs were shaking under the strain, had me laughing and yahooing and now the water is even clearer due to no rain I would think it would only be harder to hookup but not imposible, I'll be out there myself again in a couple of weeks to have another go. Note to self, use reef anchor, near lost my $360 sand dredge last time.
    Good luck, let me know how you go

Sorry I just realized I didn't clarify, it was curtain we were at

Nice sounds like it was fun I'm thinking of trying popper fishing for them mid week away from the crowd get some practice in for FijiFiji

Was there on Monday, very clear water spooking the kingies.
    There was a big boil next to us, large kingy smashing tailor school lasted 30secs and finished just before throwing a live bait in to action.
    Couple of hits later on but no hook ups.

Spotted few kingies cruising but not interested in anything, way too clear water.

Max The Turk

nice thanks guys might get some practice just dont want to through big poppers if nothing is big enough to eat them if i get lucky

Iv thrown poppers at curtain befor, biggest problem I had was other boats motoring around. I had a few follows but once a boat came close the fish wouldn't come up past mid water and were getting spooked very easily. If you had the place to your self you might get lucky

that my aim of mid week and probable a afternoon session could be lucky for no boats