Thread: 1770 in September

1770 in September

We are heading to 1770 in september and wondering if mud crabs are about at this time of the year. I live on the sunshine coast and they are very quite around this time of the year. We are camping and don't want to wast space with pots if there are none around.
    Thanks for any feed back.

Cheers
    Lester

Re: 1770 in September

Pots take up very little space, even if the crabs are "quiet" without pots, you certainly wont get any.

If your in 1770 from the 12th September there will be plenty of Crabs around town.
    You wont need pots to catch this breed of crab. Just stake out the local watering hole you shouldn't have to wait long until a carnt crab happens along. Be very wary of the one who offers JOY to all!! and only take a sip from the MUG if you have done some extensive training. Many have thought they are man enough to raise the MUG high only to end up a crumpled mess on the floor.
    Another place to look is the Tavern car park here you are sure to find the elusive Giant Horse Crab sleeping peacefully while he waits for his lift back to his Muddy hole.

Well sounds like i will have to take them and have a go, Bull unfortunatley i will be there the week before but might be able to catch up with some over that weekend.

Cheers

Hey mate, there will be a heap of the guys up there at least a week before the actual event, some even earlier. Just before you go put a note in the M&G thread and you will likely make contact with someone who will be there.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.