Thread: RatCatcher and The Python

RatCatcher and The Python

Weather window was open for Wednesday Thursday so RatCatcher and Myself organised a trip over night with the daughter but she had driving lessons booked and couldn t make it out .
    About to leave the harbour and here comes National Parks towing a Croc Trap into the pontoon No croc thou . If People can Remember these couple crocs travel thru the area basically every year .
    \

Water was awesome as we left the harbour and headed to our first bait grounds to rustle up some livies.
    Plan was to hit the smaller patches of fern as we headed out to The Dog Leg area to spend the night and have a troll in the morning .Bait grounds never produced but we could see them on the surface in our drifts but they weren t the slightest bit interested .

First patch of fern and Scotty earns the first fish a nice Nanny and I followed up with what I thought was a monster red emp turning out to be a horse Chinamen ............... So disappointed I can tell ya .

Nothing much else off there so we headed onto the Dog Leg and instantly hooking up on Undersized Red after Under Sized Red and another Horse Chinamen that I hooked in the side pulling him up against the current I assured myself it was to be a monster monster red but again this was not to be .............. We did pull a fly out of the poor buggars bum thou .

Scott hooked the first legal red and a spangled for me and dribs and drabs of a doggie hussar iodine bream Scotty and I hooked a shark each and to have a beautiful Live squid drop on the bottom to feel pressure on him and to pull him up to find another large squid eating his head but we missed him with the net.

Night never panned out much with a Northerly smacking us on the side half the night made it a little sloppy but dropped out again.
    Morning made us a little more excited with a move and some more fish coming on board Scotty and myself with another 3 Reds another doggie and a Spano we trolled up just as the sun held a little over the clouds
    .By 9.30 am we'd had enuff as hearing the radio there wasn t much about we headed for home on magic conditions .

Apart from some excitement on the 2 way a sinking Trawler a Trawler adrift at Masthead a Floating SeaPlane Looking for it and a Coast Guard run to Karmea to do a medi Vac it was a great trip.
    Thanks Scotty for Coming out
    5 Reds
    1 Nanny
    2 Doggies
    1 Spano
    1 Spangled
    1 Lipper
    Then got a call for the daughter to go wrangle up a snake
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: RatCatcher and The Python

all i read is, Get that f********** snake away from me haha, can't stand the things. awesome catch, out of yepoon?

Wtf is that snake? Looks like something that needs to be dispatched asap. Nice report on the fishing front. Thanks for taking the time to post.

looks like a blackheaded pthon,beautiful snake ,would love one if you find a small one to go with my other pythons .nice read

bushweek...yeah we left from rosslyn bay. headed NE up to the fern country. was a good trip. some excellent fish, just not enough of them.

Nice effort JT. Always love your reports.

Good stuff JT. well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Nice trip lads.

Black Headed Rock Python for sure. On my property in NQ they are fairly common . Biggest one around 3 m.

Yes it is a Black Headed Python and in gfreat condition what it was doing this time in the afternoon in the cold had me buggered but any way he removed from the daughters worry about her chickens .
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

I was enjoying my Sunday arvo fishing report read until I saw the snake...
    Comon mate, what are you doing.. my laptop nearly got a broom handle.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Top report JT thanks for taking the time to put it together.