Thread: Centre console

Centre console

I am thinking about buying another Boat. Prob 4.5 m centre console.
    what are your opinions.

who has one, and do u think better than open tinnie.

any thoughts much appreciated

cheers
    greg

Re: Centre console

Mate ive got a 4.75 CC and love it. Going from a 3.55 little tinnie to now, its so much better. I can Stand up, walk around, places to store everything, T Top over head keep my bald patch from getting burnt and dry when raining.

Just tried to load a pic but cant from work ...will do when home............

Dont worry worked it out

Cheers wayno
    thats about what i thought. Just the room to move and to stand up and stter. Do u find the ride good? What brand u got and motor size.

Pics would be good to see
    cheers
    greg

Its an older Bluefin with a new 70yam 4s. If i had a choice of new hulls id probable go the Quintrex millenium, A way smoother ride...

http://www.quintrex.com.au/Performan...niumHull1.aspx

Looks real nice set up. Yeah i know about the quintrex. Mate had a 485 bow rider. It was a great riding boat.
    I love the new yammy 70hp

cheers
    greg

I reckon 4.8m is the minimum lenght for centre console.....shorter than that they get cluttered very quickly with tackle boxes nets rods seats esky etc. That console does take up substantial room in the boat.
    Side consoles are a tad better in the 4.5m length.
    Jack.

I went from a 4.2m open to a 4.7m open and I now have a 5m C/C and I have never looked back, the ability to stand and drive gets you a lot of places you can’t when you are sitting at the back of an open boat holding on to the tiller (in a lot more comfort at least).

From your reports I see that you fish Moreton Bay a lot, I reckon a 4.5 might be a bit small for Moreton Bay id be looking at a 5m if I where you.
    Cheers Axl

Guys,
    I don't know what other use their CC for but in the top compartment is my glove box. In it lives Keys, smokes, head light, sunnies, glasses, bennie, a small plastic lure box which has spare wire, nuts
    & bolts, screws, electrical connectors elect tape, camera, go pro.

Middle shelf, tool box, spot light, maps, hand rags, spare reels, knife sharpener, torches and a million and one bits and pieces.

Bottom shelf, Garbage bin, bag with all my SP, and that where my food bag goes.

The only things thats out on the deck is the tackle box but that lives under the engine well and a couple of buckets.

In front of the CC is the deckies seat which houses wet weather gear, pillow, blankest, spare cloths, life jackets..

Also ive made by box seat slide back and forth so while fishing I can slide it forward and it gives more room down the business end of the boat. the seat also swivels and can lock into any one of 8 positions...in the box seat are goggles, fins and snorkles.

Port side pocket, gaff, donger, net, boat hook, rear anchor

Starboard pocket, rags, fenders, brag mat.

I built an under floor esky.

So I don't to much laying around.... A place for every thing and everything in its place..

I have seen a few picks on either gumtree or Boat sales and there are some makes that only has a very small area to walk beyween console and side of boat, but also there are different size consoles as well.
    i must admit that the quintrex does have a lot of room. I also think seajay is ok as well.
    i was thinking around the 4.5m mark. Maybe look bit bigger, but i still need domething that i can comfortably handle. Not getting any younger.lol

image.jpgimage.jpgMate I have a 4.5 fisher great boat for offshore and crabbing anything really it's a big little boat.

I pick the days but i go outside in mine. speed V conditions.

A mate has a nice flash 5.15 clark dominator pro with all the bells and whistles and has never been out in it by himself....But im sure he sits down to piss...

I went through the process of converting my 4.3m seajay tinnie from a tiller to centre console and electric start. I have to admit that using a cc is much better for our boat use (fishing and tubing). The boat gets up on the plane easier, is better balanced and I don't feel anywhere as tired or sore after a day out on the water. For smaller boats (i.e. under 4.5m) you just need to check where you want to place the cc in relation to your thwarts.

I find the bimini gets more in the way of our boating experience than the centre console. If I had some spare cash I would fit shading above the console with rod holders.

Don't be put off by other's comments about the size of the boat.

I agree with the Bimini getting in the way I just put the dolphin t top on best I Could find very strong there are a lot cheaper but not very strong.