Thread: Baffle Bob's/Baffle Creek Camping and Caravan Park.... The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Baffle Bob's/Baffle Creek Camping and Caravan Park.... The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The good: Everything.
    The bad: ummmmm...... maybe they could do with a sink or tub in the kitchen area.
    The ugly: Having to sort through the masses of crabs.

Summary:
    After reading reviews on the net (lots of different sources), I wasn't expecting too much, and was a bit worried about the rag tag bunch of hooligans I call "in-laws" creating a ruckus with the so-called "strict" managers.

I was so wrong.

I couldn't fault the park, the facilities (though a sink in the communal kitchen would be a plus) or the management.
    We stayed for 8 nights in the week prior to and including Easter.... the busiest weekend on the camping calender. As soon as we drove through the gates we knew this would be a good week.

I made sure I stuck to the 10kph speed limit as we drove past the kangaroos that scattered the entire camp and made our way to where the family had already set up.
    Clean and tidy amenities, great kitchen area and HUUUUGE sites made it seem like you were all alone, even when the camp was at capacity over the Easter break.
    The sites were so large, that at one point we had 22 people spread over 3 sites and still had enough room to park the cars and boats.

The boat ramp was fantastic to have on the property and easy to negotiate.
    Roger and Sally, the managers, were overly helpful with local info and Roger especially made you feel like he was sharing his secret fishing spots and techniques.

We fished everyday, and the only day our luck was was a bit shaky was on our trip into deepwater national park. The rest of the time, in the creek itself, we gorged ourselves on flathead, grunter, bream, jew and muddies. One pot I lifted from an overnight soak had 24 crabs in it (3 keepers). Unfortunately the elusive Mangrove Jack remained elusive.... this time.

All five families left having decided it was the best camping trip we have had, and have already booked in for next Easter.
    ..... now I have to write a fishing report.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Re: Baffle Bob's/Baffle Creek Camping and Caravan Park.... The Good, the Bad and the

We are going there in the October school hoilday can't wait should be a good week.

Re: Baffle Bob's/Baffle Creek Camping and Caravan Park.... The Good, the Bad and the

You can't go wrong Shelby.
    Currently planning a "reconnaissance" trip as I type
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.