Thread: Blues anywhere?

Blues anywhere?

Anyone heard of any blues being caught from Moreton to Noosa Canyons last few days? Spent all day Friday between 200 - 1000mtrs off Moreton and did not see a sign of anything. Very quiet. Heard there were a few off the Gold Coast but hoping someone can give us some news a little more locally. Looking at heading back out on Monday.

Cheers all.

Re: Blues anywhere?

I believe Mooloolaba boat 'Luna' went 2 from 4 on blues yesterday. Don't know if they fished the Cape or the canyons though.

Thanks for the info PointyFish. Think we will head to the canyons and give it a go.

If anyone else is heading out Monday and would like to keep in contact and share some info through out the day let me know. We will be scanning VHF channels. Boat name "Real Tease". Don't have the name on boat yet but we do have the AusFish stickers on the cab. Boat is a 21' Savage Marlin run about, white with blue pin stripes, 225 Yammie on the back.

hey internut i was the guy who met you at the spinnaker ramp just after you got your new engine and you got a blue that day in the rough weather, we are out tomorrow fishing for blues again so ill give ya a call.
    cheers jimmy

How did you guys go?

no good mate there was six boats off the cape in the same area and no fish and im feeling better as my mate still went and i stayed at home, i thought that might have brought a bite on. ????
    cheers jimmy

Trail to the Gold Coast. Going off down there. Business Class from on here was 9-8-5 on blues for the day today.

Beautiful day but sadly no Blues. Went out East from Barwon banks to 200mtrs then headed South as far as the Heaven area, ventured out to the 500mtr mark. Absolutely dead. No bait, not even a ripple made by a fish of any sort.

Hi Jimmy. Been keeping an eye out for you but don't think we have been out on the same days. If I see you out will definitely give you a call up.

Thanks Smithy. Hopefully the run of the Gold Coast will head North over the next couple of weeks. I believe that is what normally happens each year?