Thread: Is it really worth going fishing this weekend ?

Is it really worth going fishing this weekend ?

It's Easter, the weather is perfect, and there is lots of traffic on the water.

So is it really worth going for a fish ?

thinking I might go out in the Maroochy tonight.

what areas would you target ? Upstream, downstream, shallow, deep, flats, snags, dirty water, clean water, high tide, low tide ?
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

Re: Is it really worth going fishing this weekend ?

Went out last night for one hookup on the boys line which spat the hooks at the boat...had live prawns/herring/pillies .....ended up with a few kilos of prawns ...10/15 mullet ...went out 5am and got another 3 kgs of prawns ....tried mouth up to the bridge and up to bli bli...
    It was really quiet last night...I would be down there early for the 6:30/7pm low or wait a couple of nights till the low is a bit later in the night....

Got a 48cm and 49cm snapper plus a couple of tailor at Peel yesterday - with boats everywhere...

Hey mate, we went out from Cleveland, then through south passage on Friday.
    It was the so quiet at the ramp and offshore we wondered if we missed something.

Dropped into Peel island on the way home though to find heaps of large cruisers anchored up, possibly for the weekend.

Out on the water at least you have some hope in hell of getting away from the masses but its the boat ramps that do my head in... id rather go out at night after the weekend warriors have had their fill.

At least weekend warriors get a bit of practice in occasionally but Easter brings out the once every 12 months or so boat owner who has a bad case of NFI factor. I took the wife out for a late arvo Friday come home lunch time today, over to friends place to cook up a half dozen sand crabs. This morning was all worth it, glassy conditions and was cooked up bacon and eggs for breakfast. I might take her out again soon.

Scalem

Been heading out early...ramp empty till 7am usually ... boy and I got our 20ltrs of prawns in 2 hours ...well 20 mins from home and out to the spot and 20 mins home so in just over an hour ...think I need a bigger cooker it took 8 cooks to cook them all in the pot we use ...we caught an extra 5 ltrs and give them to the guy who was fishing on the prawns to make up for scaring the fish away for and hour lol ...off to the outlaws for a huge easter lunch the prawns wont last 5 mins lol..

Around Midnight last night on the high tide, tried fishing my usual spots but still to many people for me.I always do best in my spots when its just me and the fish.Good to see people getting out there, just wish they would take there rubbish with them. Happy Easter everyone.

Bron

Out in the passage now, heaps of jet ski traffic scaring the fish but still managed to catch a couple of throw backs, good for the grand kids... Slows the chocolate consumption down.

Come on folks its not that bad at the boat ramps! If its only once or twice a year you have to wait and extra 20mins or so to launch or retrieve your boat so be it. Have some patience and the extra time spent waiting on the not so experienced really doesn't matter. Remember we were all in the same boat at some stage in our boating careers!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimex View Post
    Come on folks its not that bad at the boat ramps! If its only once or twice a year you have to wait and extra 20mins or so to launch or retrieve your boat so be it. Have some patience and the extra time spent waiting on the not so experienced really doesn't matter. Remember we were all in the same boat at some stage in our boating careers!
    It's good having a positive outlook in life, good on you kiwimex. But its the arrogance that people seem to display at busy ramps that gets on anyones goat, the knob who pulled into the marina doing more than 6 knots, rammed into the pontoon alongside my wife who was trying hard to hang on to my boat while the wake from his boat made things very difficult for her, while I was parking my car and trailer. I posted earlier to say how great a time we had, despite turkeys best efforts to ruin it for us. The moral to the story is to stay calm no matter what, which I did, shake it off, but there is still no denying some people don't even deserve a boat license when they carry on like they do.

Scalem

To answer my own question... It was worth it after all.

Not bad for a 11am busy boat traffic Caloundra Passage Bream.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater