Thread: Moreton Bay First timer

Moreton Bay First timer

Hey Fellas,

Just signed up to Ausfish and What a great site it is. Would love some advice about Moreton Bay area.. I have in the last 6 months purchased a 5m stejcraft fibreglass half cabin with a 60hp mercury 50l tank and have taken it out in brissy river about 5-6 times now and am really keen to do a bit of fishing and just get out on the saltwater and give it a run around.. any advice at all would be great.. Where to launch???.. Bait or plastics???

cheers in advance

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Smile Re: Moreton Bay First timer

As Moreton Bay stretches from South of Bribie island to the lower Bay Islands, first thing I would suggest is that you have to narrow down just where you plan to do most of your fishing.

That's probably why you may not have received too many replies so far - the Bay is a huge area and can vary from dead flat calm to truly frightening - all in 24 hours.

Let us know what experience you have, is it an open or closed in Tinnie, what sort of fish are you after, which ramps do you intend to use, what size motor do you have, how much fuel do you carry ......... the more you tell everybody the more replies you will get!

Cheers
    TPP

Re: Moreton Bay First timer

thanks tpp
    I must have posted my thread twice as this is the second one.. thanks for the advice mate

Re: Moreton Bay First timer

Join one of the VMR or Coast Guard's in the bay, for added protection, and Log On every time you go out.