Thread: It seem rec-anglers are in the news again

It seem rec-anglers are in the news again

It seems rec-anglers are in the news again, and for the wrong reasons.
    Perhaps a storm in a tea cup and like the story says nothing illegal, but it's still bad publicity that anti fishing groups will seize and run with.
    The story made quite a few newspapers and the tv news.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226877010283
    ~~~><))))*>

Re: It seem rec-anglers are in the news again

I suspect that it is actually an offence Mike.

Under the Animals Care and Protection Act I'm guessing this would constitute being cruel to an animal.

Also I suspect he would have committed an offence under the Fisheries Act for failing to return an unwanted fish to the water unharmed.

Louis

Sorry I didn’t realise that this occurred outside of Queensland.

Subsequently I’m guessing that the report is correct when they say nothing unlawful has occurred.

Louis

PS: Although I do find it surprising. Usually if you suspect something is unlawful, it is.

PPS: I am not a Solicitor, Barrister, Police Officer or involved in any other form of law enforcement. I’m just a layman. So if someone on this forum is qualified and knows the laws in this location please feel free to offer your opinion.

That is what you could say "brain dead" and hopefully he has, or will be sporting a puffer fish spike in his foot as a reminder of his stupidity

Man's inhumanity toward fish?

I reciently picked up on this topic seeing a section on NSW gov website about how to humanely kill a fish. And then over the weekend I was watching YouTube videos about how to catch and clean squid and say a demo of a spike alternately rendering one side then the other of a squid from coloured to clear. Then yesterday, I had pulled the boat into the shallows of North Harbour to wipe down the waterlines when I saw a pelican eat a whole mullet about 400mm long.

What a way to go...boiled in pelican juice and converted to that stinky white stuff.
    S&S34
    Spirited 230

Re: Man's inhumanity toward fish?

Quote Originally Posted by stevemid View Post
    I reciently picked up on this topic seeing a section on NSW gov website about how to humanely kill a fish. And then over the weekend I was watching YouTube videos about how to catch and clean squid and say a demo of a spike alternately rendering one side then the other of a squid from coloured to clear. Then yesterday, I had pulled the boat into the shallows of North Harbour to wipe down the waterlines when I saw a pelican eat a whole mullet about 400mm long.

What a way to go...boiled in pelican juice and converted to that stinky white stuff.

Yep a terrible way to go.

L

Yep will have to outlaw eating of any sorts...I hear that even plants scream as you chop them off. About time to become "Breathanarians" .
    Seriously I try to kill my to be kept fish as quickly and painlessly as possible. I brain spike them and find that makes it very easy but I still feel a little bit of guilt.
    I watched the fellow punting that Puffer and couldn't stop laughing. The reaction of the girl is priceless. This guy has no PC compass at all. Thank goodness there are not to many of them left.

If I was a fish I would rather be punted back into the ocean than have a hook put through my eye socket and dropped over the edge to be hunted down as a livie! - just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    If I was a fish I would rather be punted back into the ocean than have a hook put through my eye socket and dropped over the edge to be hunted down as a livie! - just saying....
    you're doing it wrong...