Thread: Creek Critters

Creek Critters

It was a bit windy yet again this weekend, so I went for another wander up the upper reaches of a little creek down in the Redlands area . Armed with a small back pack and little 1 to 4kg rod and reel ,within an hour and a half ,I managed to knock off 3 bass and a little mullet on a Ecogear sx 40 hard body. It was quite humid this afternoon and the bass were feeding freely on insects off the surface in one of the larger holes . The 2 larger bass I got , hit the lure after just one or two cranks of the reel, their strikes were pretty spectacular in the skinny water and actually got the blood pumping a little . Got two at 400mm and another at 370mm.- still trying to crack one at 500mm but I'd say there wont be too many at that size in the little creek.
    They all gave a good account for themselves in the very heavily wooded creek. Got a couple of photos before I released them.
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0104cs.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	101316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0106cs.jpg 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	101315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0101cs.jpg 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	101317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097cs.jpg 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	101318  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Re: Creek Critters

Sounds like a good afternoon session there mate,well done on landing a few as for the big 500mm Bass you never no which corner it could be around.Now you've got me itching for a Bass Session, Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Bron

Hi there BeastMaster. Looks like a good afternoons fishing and no boat to wash.
    Do you tag the Bass of did they have the tags in them?

Bait is better.

Hi Finicky, I put the tags in them.Looking forward to the end of the closed session so I can have another crack at them.
    Regards
    Beastmaster
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast