Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paternoster Rigs

Re: Paternoster Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Horse;1if you try it39385
    I get where Volvo is coming from. A three way swivel takes three knots to tie on. This would be one knot and a lot less conspicuous. I will be trying it out. Well done
    Good to see,if you get a chance to get out and try it before I do Please let us know what you think of it n I'll do the same.
    Have had a few goes at it make it a tad quicker n easier come time to use it. Just need the weather tocome good now..

I've been thinking about using a patenoster because I'm bait fishing the bottom almost exclusively. So I've usually used dropper loops, but someone someone was talking about 3-way swivels, and i came across these T-turn swivels from Thundermist Lures in the US. Expensive, but with great reviews.

http://store.thundermistlures.com/home.php?cat=41

Another conversation here got me thinking that having the sinker on a light trace attached to a small free-running swivel above the mainline swivel would have advantages..

One, it would reduce twist because the swivel is free to rotate, and second, the fish would run without feeling the weight of the sinker, as previously mentioned by lbger.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Peter, the running paternoster is known locally as the Myora rig as it became popular fishing the strong currents in the Rainbow Channel. Normally its run with a very long leader (2m+) to allow the bait to move a bit
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Peter, the running paternoster is known locally as the Myora rig as it became popular fishing the strong currents in the Rainbow Channel. Normally its run with a very long leader (2m+) to allow the bait to move a bit
    Yes, I knew it couldn't be a new idea. I think I'll try it tonight if the wind doesn't come up too much.

Is that a common thing, with the free-running swivel?

(Actually, maybe I'll just google 'Myora Rig'). :-)

Well, I have searched with Google and trolled through the archives, and I can't find the Myora Rig anywhere. Can someone help me out please?

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I get where Volvo is coming from. A three way swivel takes three knots to tie on. This would be one knot and a lot less conspicuous. I will be trying it out. Well done
    Yep went out Thursday came back Friday and continuousely tried the rig out and worked a treat. Hung onto a nice Red aprox 13kg , A Chinaman aprox 15-16 kg along with a host of smaller fish and only once did it slip due to my being in a rush with the double/or should i say improved allbright to the main leader.
    As you may be aware it is a tad more time consuming but a tidier dropper and its main advantage lays in the double snell hooks at its end . If your just usingthe one hook then maybe your normal paternoster drop rig would be faster to rig up.

2014-04-20_101019.jpgsimple and effective.what i use for a dropper.then a loop to loop conection to hook (snood).easy to make it a twisted dropper also,so it will stand off the mainline

Yep what i use when in a hurry, but for snelling two hook rigs its a tad !!!...

Lbger I really like this rig you've thought up. Losing only one section at a time generally to a snag or shark/toothy bite off is a bonus. Going out with a set of these pre rigged gives you fast re rigging and should result in less re rigging to your braid mainline. Well done
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    Well, I have searched with Google and trolled through the archives, and I can't find the Myora Rig anywhere. Can someone help me out please?
    The Myora rig is a method for presenting a bait as naturally as possible in a strong current. Start with a long leader (I have heard up to 3m) to a swivel. Then another swivel (or Eziglide clip) running along the main line with a dropper died off it with a large snapper lead. Normally the lead is held out of the water while a fair bit of line is released then dropped over the side
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"