Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moreton Bay Marine Park Meeting concering 800 berth Marina 10am Sunday

Re: Moreton Bay Marine Park Meeting concering 800 berth Marina 10am Sunday

"{Dirty Greenie bastard, I hope you fall off a boat and no one finds you."
    Precisely the type of person that we do not need in the Redlands.
    Cheers
    Ray

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can feel a couple of life bans coming on.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    "{Dirty Greenie bastard, I hope you fall off a boat and no one finds you."
    Precisely the type of person that we do not need in the Redlands.
    Cheers
    Ray

Are marinas in intertidal areas good for recreational fishing? You seem to have missed the point.

FYI: I don't own a dog and I don't use the "Off leash" area.
    Last edited by Bobpen; 27-02-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Bobpen View Post
    Are marinas in intertidal areas good for recreational fishing? You seem to have missed the point.
    Ray wasn't referring to you bud.

I was referring to the person who made the post not to you Bobpen.
    I have been a resident /worked in the redlands for over 55 years and am very concerned over the demise of the natural marine habitat in the area.
    Cheers
    Ray

[QUOTE=Bobpen;1538314]
    Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Which agency or green group do you belong to?

So you're telling me that there are no fish in the harbours as the fish have all been killed of due to environmental changes.. Perhaps you need to look at a map to see how far those types of areas extend in Moreton bay.

How many people in boats have you seen at that spot anchored in 1 foot of water catching fish?
    How many people have you seen fishing from the bank on that rocky ground in front of that park? None.. is the real answer to both questions.

No fish in Manly boat harbour?? Rock walls not protecting the surrounding environment?
    Rock walls haven't provided additional spots for land based anglers?
    Raby Bay, no fish their either due to habitat destruction?
    and the new structure wouldn't encourage other growth or habitat that would be beneficial to the marine ecosystem?

Have you heard about the artificial reefs in moreton bay? have you visited the Tiwi pearl ? or some of the reef balls to see if they encouraged the marine ecosystems?

More likely you have a personal interest with local residents along the foreshore.

Regards
    Honda.[/QUOT

You are not really worth replying too. Try reading about intertidal habitat.
    FYI: Intertidal is between high and low water. What has this to do with the Tiwi Pearl and artificial reefs.
    If or when you find out anything at all get back to me.
    The closest I would get to being a "Greenie" is feeding pilchards to fish at Mud Island.
    Try this :-)
    http://www.vliz.be/wiki/Seagrass_meadows
    Thanks
    Guess you cant answer a question either..

Looking after you own interests above the betterment of the area..

As for the intertidal garbage.. its just that propaganda for people who think that their point of view is the only one..

sea shephard comes to mind.

Regards
    Honda..

[QUOTE=honda900;1538659]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobpen View Post

Guess you cant answer a question either..

Looking after you own interests above the betterment of the area..

As for the intertidal garbage.. its just that propaganda for people who think that their point of view is the only one..

sea shephard comes to mind.

Regards
    Honda..
    Sorry I didn't think that was a serious question: No I don't work for anyone or any agency .
    By the way who do you work for? Probably none of my business is it? I would guess Used Car Sales man.
    Plus I don't belong to a political party or a union.
    I live off my wits.

Actually I don't approve of Sea Shepard tactics as I have worked on trawlers and it is the fishing crew on the whalers that they are harassing. People who are paid to do a job.

By the way:
    Do you know anything at all about food chains? Do you know how some big fish start as little fish that eat even smaller things in the intertidal. Have you heard of prawns, you know you can use them as BAIT because fish eat them. They start somewhere too. Actually juvenile Tiger prawns are only found in seagrasses. Gee there are Crabs there too! The list seems endless and all interconnected . Like a web. Hey we could call it a "Food web"

When people disagree with you you are probably wrong.. :-)

I don't live on the water front and I have no idea if a dodgy mud filled marina will effect my property value about 2 km away.
    I expect the sewer out fall at Eprapah a few kilometres south should bring in the big money investors though. Nutrient enriched mud.

CSIRO laid intake pipes 1.5 km offshore (yellow buoy) to get clean seawater. Just sayin------------
    Last edited by Bobpen; 01-03-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Omitted agency

Just FYI Bobpen.....

I have been following this thread since you first posted. Your first post in this thread comes across to me as highly self righteous. You seem to think that if we don't come along and support this particular event, we don't care about the environment or the future of fishing.

Many of us on here, myself included, have been fighting for fishers rights for years. Many of us have participated in (some even organised) rallies against the green zones - there were three such rallies I can remember, either on water or cars. Some have joined political parties to raise the stakes of fishing issues in the political arena. Many of use have signed petitions, written to MPs, written letters to newspapers and magazines. The list goes on.

You obviously think that your particular cause is worth, and good on you. But I suggest in future you need to tone back to get people onside, because you got me offside immediately with your first post. In an online forum such as ausfish, what you write and how you write it counts for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Just FYI Bobpen.....

I have been following this thread since you first posted. Your first post in this thread comes across to me as highly self righteous. You seem to think that if we don't come along and support this particular event, we don't care about the environment or the future of fishing.

Many of us on here, myself included, have been fighting for fishers rights for years. Many of us have participated in (some even organised) rallies against the green zones - there were three such rallies I can remember, either on water or cars. Some have joined political parties to raise the stakes of fishing issues in the political arena. Many of use have signed petitions, written to MPs, written letters to newspapers and magazines. The list goes on.

You obviously think that your particular cause is worth, and good on you. But I suggest in future you need to tone back to get people onside, because you got me offside immediately with your first post. In an online forum such as ausfish, what you write and how you write it counts for a lot.

I an sorry that you don't like the tone of my post.

My point was: If you simply right off this as a protest by whinging hippy NIMBY dog walkers the focus will not be on the damage to the Moreton bay Marine Park which is actually a much more important issue. I was hoping to re-focus attention on the new 800 berth marina in a Marine Park. The 15 storey buildings are not an environmental disaster.

The whinging hippy NIMBY dog walkers don't post on this web site for themselves.

If you were not aware of this proposal to dredge an 800 berth marina in a marine park before I posted this then I have already achieved my goal.

As an aside: All of the spoil from the previous maintenance dredging at Toondah a few years ago was dumped in the bay as it was the cheapest option.

Toondah Dredging February 2008 20,000 cubic metres of spoil to be dumped at Mud Island
    Last edited by Bobpen; 03-03-2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added lines Added dredging date

[QUOTE=Bobpen;1538896 mud filled marina will effect my property value about 2 km away.[/QUOTE]

^^ Wasn't too hard to see your whole argument is self centered..

Car Salesman.. LOL...

Regards
    Honda.

^^ Wasn't too hard to see your whole argument is self centered..

Car Salesman.. LOL...

Regards
    Honda.
    \\

Sorry that you miss-read it: I don't live on the water front and I have no idea if a dodgy mud filled marina will effect my property value about 2 km away. Does that make it clearer? I would really like my property value to go down as I am not moving and I will pay less rates. :-)

Now be serious for a while: This wonderful development will probably double my property value and I can stroll down and have a Latte each morning with my MMA personal trainer.
    Shame about the fish: Collateral damage.

Is your Honda 90 one of those Postie bikes? Why not just get on it---------------
    Sorry I misread that so you have 900 cc Japanese Harley. Please don't tell your club about me.

Being Serious for a while, why do you assume that this development would lessen the value of your property, Maybe you should consider the relatively high possibility that the development may actually increase the value of your property significantly.

As for the rest.. Page one Post one, you lied.

regards
    Honda.

Being Serious for a while, why do you assume that this development would lessen the value of your property, Maybe you should consider the relatively high possibility that the development may actually increase the value of your property significantly.

As for the rest.. Page one Post one, you lied.

regards
    Honda.
    Lied about what? I can't see your point. Sorry.

Plus I really and truly honestly don't have any intention of moving so I really don't want my property value to go up.

The whole idea this is about ferry terminals is a huge lie.
    Where do you arrive if you use a car ferry to Stradbroke? Not Southbank. (It is Dunwich)
    What are the car ferry terminals like to and from Moreton. (Last month when I took the Landcruiser over the landing was onto the beach but they probably have built something since)
    Car ferry to Fraser ditto.
    Cable ferry to North-shore Noosa.

Ferry terminal----What ferry terminal

Perhaps they are thinking of Cruise liners?
    The PDA was a little light on detail and the consultants may have never been to Toondah.
    That would explain a lot.

I agree. Greens are a waste of space

But do you have anything to say of any value?
    Something say: Vaguely related to protecting Moreton Bay from property developers?

Have you noticed that since the Raby Bay canals were developed we catch more Grinners? Makes you think--------------------------

I despise all stupid political parties equally.

Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party
    Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
    Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party
    Katter's Australian Party
    No Carbon Tax Climate Sceptics
    One Nation
    Outdoor Recreation Party (Stop the Greens)
    Shooters and Fishers Party
    Smokers' Rights Party
    Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party
    Australian Sports Party