Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 620 procraft boats

Re: 620 procraft boats

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Rosco,

that is definitely the old seafarer vanquish, with a new name.

As for Yalta V the Procraft, they are more similar than you may think..

Regards
    Honda
    Thought I read somewhere that the Yalta's were an old Seafarer hull, is that what you are hinting at Honda?
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Yes, the same thing, I have a Haines TC 200 and it is the same hull, coastal took it over from Haines as the sole distributor ,still manufactured by Haines.
    I have a 175 Suzuki on, been everywhere on it.

This looks like a step up hard top procraft
    http://www.coastalpowerboats.com.au/...fibreglass.php

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk
    Screaming drag is my drug

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Thought I read somewhere that the Yalta's were an old Seafarer hull, is that what you are hinting at Honda?
    Cant exactly confirm Hayden, but they look extremely similar, Hull shape, Pod, even the way the top deck attached.

Regards
    Honda.

What I want to know also is why have Haines and seafarer not kept it under their names on this mould why is it now procaft.???
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Has anyone been in one or bought one? Considering one but still not much feedback or reviews on this model.

Quote Originally Posted by fisho8 View Post
    What I want to know also is why have Haines and seafarer not kept it under their names on this mould why is it now procaft.???
    Simple answer- it's called badge engineering. Procraft gets the hull manufactured by Haines Group and then fits it out to their own specification to create product differentiation. It's a daily occurrence in the automotive industry and has been for decades i.e. Suzuki and Holden Swift-Barina, Ignis and Cruze; Ford and Mazda commercials; Mazda 323 and Ford Laser; as well as the badge engineering of engines. But back to boats - have a look at the diesel Mercruiser and the 3 litre VW diesel out of the Touareg not to mention the outboards since the 1970's. Some watch movements come out of the same factory but sell in differently branded cases with different faces. And so it goes on...

Fisho8

As far as we can see the hull was not an original Seafarer model but a Haines TC 200 and for some reason it was renamed as a Seafarer by Haines who appear to have have allowed / assisted in the re-badged of it. The one person I know that has one from when it was a Haines seems happy with it.
    What could go wrong.......................