Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Red face GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Lovey-Dovey.... .... don't be precious

Follow the topic , me Blokey-Wokey M8 ......

GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

pretty-witty....HEY!!
    gazza-wazza

Thumbs up GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    All right, one last, final attempt. It is a touch subtle so I am not at all confident you guys will get it, but here goes.

Watch it all the way thru and see if you get the message. Good luck, over and out.
    Good vid m8 ...I've learnt heaps , thanks heaps for your input......my "mindset" is NOW in-the-ZONE
    (a) Green Zones = take "the cheese" away
    (b) RecFishos believed the ALP Guv't STOLE "the cheese" and then voted (c)
    (c) the New(man) Guv't WON'T return "the CHEESE"

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Perhaps a copy of the book should be distributed to all LNP MP's ML ?

They are the ones who need the motivating to get on with it.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls for Green Zone changes

I guess that makes me Petey-meaty Krolly-Wally. Not the first time I've been called that, incidentally.

Actually, Clive Palmer has all the cheese.

Thumbs up Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

maybe Clive "puppy" Palmer
    could buy the GREEN ZONES & donate them to the public , for ACCESS by the public??
    an ex-lnp supporter .... "philanthropist of the 21st. Century"

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Well today should be the day we see how fisherman-friendly this LNP Gov really is and if they were just p##sing in our pockets at the Tinny n Tackle Show just prior to the last election. Fingers crossed but the Minister responsible has recently said that the Moreton Bay green zones were selected with science, and only after consultation with anglers to avoid popular fishing spots.
    ~~~><))))*>

And the answer to will Campbell "BCF kinda bloke" Newman and the fisherman friendly LNP move to revoke the Bligh Labor green zone out from the beach between Scott's and Woody Point is..............
    NO

Driscoll's question to the Minister was
    Will the Minister move quickly to revoke the Labor Government imposed fishing green zone which exists along the actual foreshore between Woody Point and Scott’s Point, thus presenting a ban on family fishing from the beach, which sits along the edge of a wonderful parkland and BBQ area local Redcliffe people embrace?

And the Minister's answer
    The Moreton Bay Marine Park is a multiple-use marine protected area which protects, via zoning and other management arrangements, outstanding marine environments and fish habitats while allowing for a range of commercial, recreational and tourism pursuits.
    The Scott’s Point Marine National Park (green) Zone was implemented in March 2009 following the review of the Moreton Bay Marine Park zoning plan by the former Government.
    Currently, 84 per cent of the marine park is open for recreational fishing. This area includes a wide range of fish habitats such as mangrove lined estuaries, seagrass meadows, rocky shores and reefs, deep ocean and surf beaches.
    Six artificial reefs were constructed or enhanced at a cost of $2 million to provide new opportunities for recreational fishing, further adding to the range of key fishing locations in the marine park. Due to the popularity and success of these reefs a further $2 million has been allocated to the construction of artificial reefs in Moreton Bay and Great Sandy Marine Parks.
    ~~~><))))*>

Newsflash

Redcliffe MLA Scott Driscoll resigns from Parliament. Just prior to being kicked out.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

So once the dust settles on Driscoll the green zones should be lifted seeing he will not be around to take any of the kudos.

Have i understood that right or still have no idea how it works

Have to wait and see, wont we.

Made that phone call/email to your local MLA yet?

Never know, a little friendly nudge might help kick things along. The more of us that do it, the more likely the result, reading between the lines in the Ministers response.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Wouldn't think a nudge would be required after all the rhetoric leading up to the last state election eh ?.

No, you wouldn't.

See, i just agreed with you!

Now, you have a try.

A little nudge for your local MLA certainly wouldn't hurt, would it?

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Well goodbye Mr Driscoll....oh and geez if you"d seen him on the News last night. One would be thinking where"s the money going down too Morgan"s Buffet every night. Now with another expensive By-Election looming, and already suggestions of pressuring MP's about lifting Green Zones is'nt their more important things we could think of ? We still have 84% where we can drop a line. Oh and just for the record they Green Zoned one of my all time.. best and favoured Beach Fishing Locations in S/E Queensland... yeh was"nt happy at first but hey i moved on, so why can"t others do the same. Oh and don't come back and tell me they lied, because they only tell you what you want to hear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    Actually, Clive Palmer has all the cheese.
    Wrong- Clive ATE all the cheese.