Thread: Silky avocado guacamole and no more avo bruises.

Silky avocado guacamole and no more avo bruises.

No more bruises: stop squeezing avocados like a hand grenade, to check if ripe gently press one finger near the stem. If you find finger mark size bruises in your avo, that's what they're from, people's stupid fingers.

Silky guacamole: mash your avos through a fine mesh sieve, use a big wooden spoon to scrape/push the avos through and one of those scraper spatula thingies to scrape the silky avo from the other side and place into a bowl.

Limes: add limes, salt and pepper to taste for your guacamole, before squeezing the lime roll it on a bench top to break down the fascia like fibres and get the most juice from it.

Hope this photo works as my wife has stolen the laptop for the week, so this is from my ipad.

cheers, many avocados were harmed during the making of this photo

Re: Silky avocado guacamole and no more avo bruises.

Oh add lime juice to taste, mix in half a lime roughly for four large avos, taste after mixing through to get the ratios right. It really depends on how juicy your limes are.

Also lime juice will stop brownness occurring in your avos, If the top does go brown though in the fridge just mix it through as it's only a really fine layer and doesn't affect the taste.

The sieve also stops any mini pips from getting into the guacamole, which is a sure way to annoy yourself or your guests. Once you've sieved your avos you won't go back. Oh a quick sieve cleaning method is to use your hose and spray nozzle outside, much quicker than trying in the kitchen with the lesser water pressure.

Enjoy!

Re: Silky avocado guacamole and no more avo bruises.

Brilliant recipe! Nothing I love more than hammering a bowl of guacamole with a beer or two. If you want to beef it up a little bit, I sometimes add a few spoonfuls of natural yogurt or sour cream.