Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailerboat Swains trip from Yeppoon

Trailerboat Swains trip from Yeppoon

Thinking of doing a Swains trip this year from Yeppoon with a couple of mates and boats.

Been reading a few threads about others doing the same or similar extended trips from various locations closer than Roslyn Bay.
    A Port Clinton / Pearl Bay trip is def on the cards as is a 1770 trip, but after reading a thread from one on the Ausfish boys doing Swains from Stanage got us thinking of adding it to the list.
    The thought of exploring that sort of area yourself in your own boat is mouthwatering. Obviously it's a long long way and you'd have to pick your weather but I think it's very doable...

Does anyone of the local cap coast lads know of anyone doing a similar trip??

Thanks

Re: Trailerboat Swains trip from Yeppoon

Something Ive always wanted to do.

I think its very doable!! No way in hell I would do it solo boat though. Not that far out. Team of boats and you would be laughing!

Although, I would pick the shortest route for fuel preservation, which to me it looks 140km from Port Clinton?? 140km out is a typical trip from Gladstone to the more productive reefs (Moresby/habberfield etc..).

PM me when you are planning a trip.

Fuel preservation ???? The shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight line, going to fill up at the Port Clinton corner store are we?

What's the purpose of such a trip? Friday night bragging rights at the local motor boat club

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Fuel preservation ???? The shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight line, going to fill up at the Port Clinton corner store are we?

What's the purpose of such a trip? Friday night bragging rights at the local motor boat club
    WTF are you on Mister? The trip these guys are putting together is what many fishos dream of. The shortest distance is not always the easiest. Give some good info or keep out of the conversation.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    WTF are you on Mister? The trip these guys are putting together is what many fishos dream of. The shortest distance is not always the easiest. Give some good info or keep out of the conversation.
    Good advise? These fishos don't know where dreams start and hell finishes. If you want good advice then you sit back and listen as you have no idea what you are talking about Ever been there Mr Horse in a 6-7m trailer boat, of course not and you never likely to either.

Some wouldn't know what good advice was!

Good advise? These fishos don't know where dreams start and hell finishes. If you want good advice then you sit back and listen as you have no idea what you are talking about Ever been there Mr Horse in a 6-7m trailer boat, of course not and you never likely to either.

Any chance i could have some of whatever your on???

Well give some good advise instead of sitting back slinging shit and demeaning people. Become part of the solution.

Advice? Stick you your Limitations, your boats capabilities and your experience: now how is that for advice?

Anybody who reckons they are going to go via Port Clinton to perserve fuel .... then you betta say home buddy.

So what makes you think our trailer boats and our experience are limiting factors?

Advice? Stick you your Limitations, your boats capabilities and your experience: now how is that for advice?

Anybody who reckons they are going to go via Port Clinton to perserve fuel .... then you betta say home buddy.
    What size boat/motor would you recommend, fuel capacity plus extra fuel ? and what course what be best suited.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    So what makes you think our trailer boats and our experience are limiting factors?
    What makes you think you are?

Good advise? These fishos don't know where dreams start and hell finishes.
    Where does hell finish just out of curiosity?

What makes me think I'm what?

At least try and make a little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    What size boat/motor would you recommend, fuel capacity plus extra fuel ? and what course what be best suited.
    How long is a piece of string? Still a few boats out there, on the bottom, they never made it back so that is a question that has a zero rating. Anybody who has to ask, doesn't deserve to know and would be best advised to stay well away from the place. Not a place for amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    What makes me think I'm what?
    Did you miss something?