Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pollies Go Fishing.

Re: Pollies Go Fishing.

Hope they make them queue up at the ramp, pay fuel at marina prices and buy their own fishing lic ( if not on a charter boat) , make em drive it up the slippery ramp so they know why we need 4wd, as well and on the way home drop in at the tackle store replace the lost tackle or maybe do it on the internet from OS so they get a understanding of real life. Nice to see them out there and get a feel for it but I hope they don't get a sterile version. Perhaps a planned rescue training exercise could be planned the VMR could show up , well maybe half a boat as they are not fully funded and the water police could attend if they had enough fuel and hours for on water stuff that month.

Shame they won't see a fisheries researcher or a inspector as they are all in our imagination these days - aren't they?

Mum and dad off the pier for a few bucks- Oh hell who writes this stuff. Well lets start off with the fact that mumand dad will nee to go and get a fishing lic if they want to fish themselves, they will then need to read a millio rules and then check where they can fish. So many local councils have now banned fishing from so many areas and acces is poor at others let alone reserves etc. They then need to buy rods or handlines , then bait then then then.................. But wait then in case the rules have changed from when they got their lic in the morning last week till today they need to log on and learn the new updated rules. Yeah right - a few bucks off the pier - simple.

Guess the politicians will car share in the white fleet to get there and experience the roads on their way. Good for them as they can have a couple of beers while still on work time and the white limo drives them home or in Craig Thompsons case to ........... or in Peter Slippers case he can text from teh backseat as he gets driven and arrive late at night to be allegedly intoxicated and refused entry to Oxford street clubs- hmmmmm Timmy sends his appologies as unfortunately can't make it as he is watching miday TV and reruns of question time .

When does drug and alcohol testing start for politicians? Should be OH&S as they are driving a big vehicle called Australia.

Politicians sure got my respect guys.

Remember the first person to clang a sinker on the side of the boat buys the beers.

Winge for the day is over - well for now.

Maybe the entry condition is you must bring a politician so that way a few more get the experience and interact with real small business owners and can't walk away with minders when the hard questions get asked.

You forget to make them all wear the $15 PFD1 lifejackets for the day Cormy.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Ludwig vs Colbeck?? ..... Ludwig's got no chance, I am guessing Colbeck will bring a Supertrawler with him....

Cormor Rant has a good point. (Sorry mate couldn't resist.)

In fact it's true I think, that Executives and politicians no longer interact with the real world. Their visits are preplanned and the brooms come out and sweep away any dirt before they arrive. Everyone smiles and says how happy they are with things.

They are whisked through the waits and the congestion and generally avoid all the little niggles of normal existence.

It's no wonder they are so out of touch after living that existence for a little while. Maybe if they rode a train home after dark when the paint sniffers are stealing iPhones they would get a small taste of our existence.

Ah bugger..... Cormers Rant set me off now....