Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qld Rec fishing support. ><> ><>

Re: Qld Rec fishing support. ><> ><>

Bravo Timmi ......
    Rhetoric & lip service - that's what Qld fishoes got ! ....... we should be so grateful to have a government that looks after our interests so well

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Same old rusted on ALP prunes, same old negative bullshit. ( edited... personal ) Why don't you try actually doing something instead of putting all that energy into whingeing? You might actually achieve something instead of needing to hang around your keyboards all day waiting like seagulls. Clearly you have nothing better to do than wait for my occasional post, while I'm trying to do something, you lurch about waiting to pick away like a flock of smelly old vultures. See you in a month or so, I know you guys will have done nothing, and changed nothing. I at least have a chance, where there's a will...
    there's Mark MP.

nah Tim..not an ALP prune..I dislike them all. Negative bullshit..that sounds like the Parliamentary wing of the State LNP at the moment and also Abbott. When do these leaders start acting in a positive way??

There was also another extremely important announcement from Handsard of the same day:

Parliamentary Christmas Tree
    Madam SPEAKER: Honourable members, I am pleased to inform members that the annual
    lighting of the parliament’s Christmas tree will occur this evening, accompanied by carols from the
    Mabel Park State School choir. I acknowledge the assistance of the member for Woodridge in
    organising the choir’s attendance. I invite members to share in this short event at 7 pm at the porte
    cochere. There will be a carols performance from the students followed by the lighting of the tree,
    concluding at 7.15 pm in time for the House to resume.

and there ya go again..the petty name calling etc...so childish Tim..I really thought you were better than that but alas not.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 17-12-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Why don't you try actually doing something instead of putting all that energy into whingeing? You might actually achieve something instead of needing to hang around your keyboards all day waiting like seagulls. Clearly you have nothing better to do than wait for my occasional post, while I'm trying to do something, you lurch about waiting to pick away like a flock of smelly old vultures. See you in a month or so, I know you guys will have done nothing, and changed nothing. I at least have a chance, where there's a will...
    What have you achieved?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Heheheh! My take-out from the speech was not unlike that from Mark's media release a few months ago about not moving a public holiday or something equally as silly.

This speech said that the LNP is to be praised for not doing something. Whilst we might applaud the 'not doing' act in this case, it does seem that this elected representative of the people finds most merit in what the LNP doesn't do.

Which is fair enough because when they actually do something, it seems to bring on a lot of pain for a lot of people.

Accordingly, I urge the entire LNP to not turn up for parliamentary sittings. That would really be a non-doing action that most Queenslanders would applaud them for.

Here is a novel idea for the next time an opposition is in campaign mode.

Have all the shadows during the campaign promise the world, no limits with lots of policy and spend heaps.

Once in Govt re arrange the front bench and ministries and hey presto the world according toTimi means you no longer are required to keep your word because you are no longer in " the " position to deliver.

So as a shadow Mark was not speaking for the LNP , funny that when everything he had to say commenced with a Can Do led Govt will.

Timi you seem upset, why not take it out on the bloke who thus far told you heaps of waffle and delivered SFA. Oh thats right he can't he either spoke with no authority as a shadow or what he had to say was never party policy. Naughty Mark.

( edited..... taking out personal remarks... not warranted ! )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 17-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Folks, the below is taken from Hansard. Qld parliament, 27th November 2012.

The speech to the parliament was made by Mark Robinson MP, Member for Cleveland.

Recreational Fishing

Dr ROBINSON (Cleveland—LNP) (11.53 am):

Queensland is a great state, with greatopportunities for recreational fishers. The Newman government is getting on with delivering for recreational fishers in Cleveland and all over Queensland. As promised, we are delivering on the net licence buyback that has great benefit to both recreational fishers and commercial fishers.

The Marine Infrastructure Fund established by the LNP government will deliver new boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms, artificial reefs and other measures for Queensland’s population of almost one million recreational fishers and boaties.

And we are working with the state’s fishing organisations and clubs to deliver good outcomes. I commend the minister for fisheries for his good work in this regard.

We have also stuck to our promise that in government we would not create any new marine reserves nor increase the area of marine national parks, green zones that have unfairly locked out recreational fishers. This is a promise that the government is making good on.

We have said ‘no more’ to international green groups who want to stop sustainable recreational fishing. This government is protecting the rights of recreational fishers in Queensland’s state waters. We are also standing with our federal colleagues in opposing the federal government’s draconian bioregional marine reserves that will have little real environmental benefit but will destroy the livelihood of hundreds of small fishing business families, damage the Queensland economy and strip recreational fishers of the right to fish sustainably.

I have been an advocate of recreational fishing long before I entered this chamber in 2009. I learned to fish with my father from aged five, and through my marine science degree I learnt how we can fish sustainably. I believe strongly that the rights of recreational fishers in Queensland to access the best fishing areas and to fish sustainably must be secured, protected and restored wherever possible by applying more scrutiny, accountability and evidence based approaches to Queensland’s state marine reserve system.

The trend to needlessly lock away good fishing areas from recreational fishing activity has now been stopped in Queensland’s state waters. But I believe we need to go further and implement approaches that support accessibility and accountability with an evidence base using risk assessment approaches. That is why I was happy to be the sponsoring member to an e-petition tabled today from a recreational fisherman, Tim Whittle, in my electorate of Cleveland that would achieve this aim. The issue is that the rights of recreational fishers in the last five years have been trampled on as governments have caved in to pressure from Greens politics and internationally funded green groups like the Pew foundation.

Green politics has created three falsehoods (1) that there are no fish left in Queensland and that we are fishing unsustainably; (2) that the Queensland mum and dad recreational fishers are vandals of the sea; and (3) that the only solution is to lock recreational fishers out through the blunt instrument and the one-size-fits-all approach of marine reserve. This myopic approach has resulted in the latest federal government plan to create the world’s biggest no-fishing area all around Australia.

More marine reserves is all they know, and they are rolling them out without any evidence base that they are best practice. In fact, in the face of recent evidence, they are not working well when it comes to fisheries management—a point that I will take up in the parliament at a future opportunity.

With respect to federal waters, I applaud Tony Abbott for showing leadership, balance and
    characteristic pragmatism on this issue federally, with the introduction of the private member’s bill Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Making Marine Parks Accountable) Bill 2012. The opposition leader and coalition ministers for fisheries and the environment, together with Queensland Senator Ron Boswell and Queensland MP George Christensen and others, have put together this bill and introduced it into the federal parliament to make marine reserves more accountable to fishers and the community. While Tony Abbott is proposing practical conservation that protects the rights of recreational fishers and that supports marine industries, the Queensland seafood industry and local jobs, the federal government is proposing the largest fishing lockout area in the world.

I urge federal Environment Minister Burke to reject the controls of foreign international green groups and the Senate Greens and to reverse his job-destroying decision.

And this new round of marine reserves will not be the end. We know that the same international green groups want more. More deals will be done—for example, the temperate east zone from northern New South Wales and waters outside Moreton Bay to Hervey Bay. These will follow, but it must stop. While the process cannot be undone, there needs to be considerably more flexible management options that better meet marine biodiversity and fisheries management—for example, easing restrictions in carefully selected marine national parks. This would have many benefits. This more open approachwould assist with getting tourism back on track, it would create more jobs and it would also get our national parks back on track. In conclusion, the LNP is getting on with delivering for recreational fishers.

From Hansard. Qld Parliament. 27th November 2012. Copyright acknowledged.

cheers LP
    So is this what it looks like, what the hell is going on here? A bit of explaining please MP Mark.

Queensland
    Government
    Hon Steve Dickson MP
    Member for Buderim
    Ref:
    CTS 18771 /12
    Minister for National Parks,
    Recreation, Sport and Racing

Mr Neil Laurie

The Clerk of the Parliament

Parliament House
    George Street
    BRISBANE QLD 4000

Dear Mr Laurie

I refer to your letter of 29 November 2012 enclosing a copy of e-petition No.1964-12, tabled in the Queensland Legislative Assembly. The petition draws to the attention of the House two matters: the proposed establishment of a network of Commonwealth marine parks throughout

Australia's Exclusive Economic Zone and the request for a review of Queensland marine parks to permit additional recreational fishing opportunities.
    Regarding the first matter, on 16 November 2012, the Honourable Tony Burke MP, Commonwealth Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities announced the declaration of 40 new Commonwealth marine reserves as part of achieving a National Representative System of Marine Protected Areas. These marine reserves sit within Commonwealth waters and have been declared right around Australia, with the Coral Sea, West Cape York and the Gulf of Carpentaria marine reserves being located adjacent to Queensland waters. The development of these reserves involved public consultation.
    A key consideration in any park proposal process which impacts on Queensland fishers is to recognise that Queensland fisheries are already amongst the healthiest and best managed in the world. This has been documented in a number of reports relating to the status of stock in
    Queensland's fisheries which led to formal accreditation for export of seafood product from these fisheries. With more than 70 per cent of Australia's consumption of seafood being imported, continued access to local and regional fish stocks is vital for also meeting domestic
    consumption.
    The Commonwealth Government may not have given this key consideration appropriate weighting in determining its reserves, their boundaries and implications for Queensland's fishers (recreational and commercial). The process to declare these marine reserves, including public consultation, sits with the Commonwealth Government, not the Queensland Government. The petitioners may wish to raise their concerns with the Commonwealth Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water,
    Population and Communities.

In relation to the second matter raised in the petition, a multiple use management framework has been adopted within Queensland marine parks. This approach balances conservation with a range of commercial, recreational and tourism activities. The framework was established through extensive public consultation, including recreational fishing interests.

Along with public consultation the following actions are undertaken as a part of this multi use management framework:
    a review of available science; consideration of expert opinion;
    identification of values and threats including consideration of possible offset measures; and determining socio-economic values of the area and considering ways to minimise their impacts.
    This process ensures that a range of conservation, recreational, commercial and tourism interests are considered and that measures are incorporated into marine park planning to manage these interests.
    Recreational fishing is recognised as an important activity throughout coastal Queensland, supporting local businesses and enjoyed by many. Given the extremely large area of marine waters in Queensland available for recreational fishing, it is not considered that any change is required to the existing State marine park zones at this time.
    The 2009 Moreton Bay Marine Park (MBMP) rezoning process has been the most recent marine planning exercise undertaken by the Queensland Government. Science played a key role in determining the marine park zoning. An independent expert panel determined key principles for planning. These principles formed part of the consultation materials for the rezoning and included adopting conservation measures for habitats and species while seeking to minimise impacts on marine park users.

Recreational fishing interests were consulted on the current MBMP zoning arrangements and recreational fishing data was considered in the planning process. This ensured that the most popular recreational fishing areas of the Bay were excluded from green zones. Changes were also made in yellow zones in the Bay to allow for two fishing lines in these zones rather than the previous single line following feedback from recreational fishers. The overall outcome saw 84 per cent (2,920 square kilometres) of the MBMP remaining available for recreational fishing. Artificial reef structures, introduced as part of these marine park zoning arrangements, were
    funded to provide additional opportunities for recreational fishing - adding to the habitat diversity able to be fished within the marine park. Recreational fishing also occurs extensively in other Queensland State marine parks, with protected green zones representing small but important areas established to protect their different marine habitats and fauna from extraction and use.

In regard to the reference in the e-petition to the 'International Union for Conservation of Nature' (IUCN}, the current IUCN categories have, as a key objective, 'delivering recreational benefits consistent with the other objectives of (protected area) management'. I believe the current Queensland marine park zoning arrangements appropriately address this objective as well as the other management objectives specific to each of the IUCN categories.

The Queensland Government is also implementing other measures to safeguard Queensland's marine resources and to support improved access to and safety within our coastal waterways. Funding is being invested through a voluntary buyback program being implemented to reduce commercial fishing effort on the east coast as well as for marine infrastructure. New boating facilities will be created and channel access maintained in key areas of Queensland. Also, the establishment of the Gold Coast Waterways Authority will examine marine infrastructure on the Gold Coast to improve safety and recreational fishing opportunities.

I hope this information has been of assistance to you. Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Mr Rhys Turner, Chief of Staff in my office, on telephone 07 3224 7477.

Yours sincerely

Steve Dickson MP
    Minister for National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing

~~~><))))*>

Can't vote ALP anymore because they are in bed with the greens. Hell I can't see how a vote for ALP is much different to a vote for the greens.

Can't vote LNP anymore because they are no better. Not overturning these ridiculous green zones is no different to introducing them in my opinion.

Can only hope that Bob has a candidate running in my electorate come the next state election. Seems like the only party with the guts and the brains to address this extreme green madness.

Timmi said

"It is also clear (at least to those who would look) that Mark is doing whatever he can wherever he can to further the cause of the Rec Angler"
    yes I have noticed his frequent posting on this forum about issues that have been raised since the election

Cheers
    Ray