Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Media release. Net Buy Back.

Re: Media release. Net Buy Back.

All good ideas but unfortunately the buy-back conditions have been set and its already commenced.

All those ideas were put forward by rec angling reps in the planning stages, then all imput from the rec angling reps were frozen out of the process and the Gov went ahead with the commercial sector and came up with this buy back plan.
    ~~~><))))*>

I though of a new buy back scheme I want implemented.

Recreational buy back.

Here is how it works.

Govt has 9 million to waste
    They will buy back any excess rods and reel and tackle you have around the place
    You just have to put up in the tender any old crap rod or handline and they will pay you for it in belief that it will be doing the rec fishing industy and fish stocks a good thing .

They imagine that giving you money for your unused fishing gear that has no productive purpose since santa has bought you new fashionable stuff will somehow reduce your fishing effort. Goes for old sounders as well boys as when you hand in the old unused sounder you will obviously be reducing your fishing effort - ha ha.

Now to encourage a wider range of participants in the sport no pink rods and barbie reels will be accepted in the tender. This is to encourage girls and minorities to still be able to participate in fishing and have access to the pink rods they obviously require so they can be identified as the "pink fisherpersons"

If you voted green in any election you will recieve double the money of any other tender participant as we appreciate you will get a far warmer and fuzzier feeling than a member of the general public. We like warm and fuzzy so that is your reward. Spend it on as many josh sticks as you like ( organic of course and with as few a carbon miles a spossible) This will help pump prime the green industry ecconomy which is the only ecconomy , industry we intend to alow to exist in Australias future

Yes I'm being serious - it is as good as the proposed policy we are seeing being implemented now.

Old torn dunlop volleys with corroded rock cleats are included in the tender but thongs are not unless you can show that they have only ever being used ( via stat dec) for the purpose of fishing.

Now this new Recreational fishng buyback shouldn't start until after santa has come so we can get all our old stuff organised and listed for tender and if we have been good santa will deliver new shiny pink barbie outfits.

I wonder right about now if it is sinking in to politicians just what a ill concieved and contrived idea this is.

Now guys don't give up all the good logical ideas on how to solve the problem in the real world with real money as we need to set up "Ausfish fisheries consulting" and we can earn mega consultants fee of millions dollars to educate these nongs on how to ensure money spent actually produces a better fishery , industry and recreation for alll and also keep doing fisheries research to maintain the fishery. Hell then we can resell the exact same consulting package to dept of Ag and get their grants system to actually do good and improve the farming land based environment that affect so much of the water quality issues. We are on a winner boys , fisherpersons and pink rod holders.

Edit

Bugger -I have just been relaibly informed that pink barbie outfits catch all the fish - my whole policy is falling apart - oh the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Now to encourage a wider range of participants in the sport no pink rods and barbie reels will be accepted in the tender. This is to encourage girls and minorities to still be able to participate in fishing and have access to the pink rods they obviously require so they can be identified as the "pink fisherpersons"
    Well that sucks big time.
    One of my favourite rods is a 2 piece pink Barbie rod. I don't use the Barbie reel as it's drag is just so so but the rod is a little ball tearer.
    I even put new guides on it and used fluoro orange thread.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I have an old fishing shirt with a huge catch history and apart from a few holes and one sleeve falling off it would be perfect for a government byback. I will just transfer my effort to the new one hanging beside it
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

i was going to wade into this one but, i give up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
    i was going to wade into this one but, i give up.....
    You should get a reasonable amount for your dis-used waders then.

Nah still use them, just not willing to get my arm pits wet with ill informed comments about the industry and how it is run.....

Not saying that the current way is the best, but you have to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
    Nah still use them, just not willing to get my arm pits wet with ill informed comments about the industry and how it is run.....

Not saying that the current way is the best, but you have to start somewhere.
    You can always educate us to the truth.
    Personally I'd really like to know what is happening in reality.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

In NSW it is somewhat different even though I think QLD leaves us for dead when it comes to fisheries management!! however, here you cannot just "have a license" it has to be used, and have a reasonable amount of history attached to it, there is some fancy wording about the greater amount of your income . . . . when a 'round" of buyouts was introduced years ago (not from rec license revenue) it was based on catch history, so all the unscrupulous pros that did their fair share of 'black marketing" could get bugger all for their license, as it had little catch history! so most continued to pro fish in a rather sad fashion (black market a big % of their catch) the fair dinkum ones could get good money for theirs, and indeed some did. Now for the bad part, even though licenses where taken, the TAC remained the same, so in effect, no less fish were marketed (sort of) Like all things, we like to see something done, what is done, and how effective it is remains to be seen long term, we have a few places here that have never been commercially fished for 4 decades or more, and the fishing is no better in those places, then in the heavily fished places (like Lake Illawarra) why??? thats anyones guess. The way I see it, any method to weed out the cowboys is a good thing, how to sift these cowboys from the legitimate ones is the hard bit (in my opinion) we have a lot of 'good" pros in my local area, they have nothing to hide, they fish well within the law, are prepared to change with the times and they make a good living, thats what we need in the commercial sector, pheeww, that was long!