Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anglers V's bicycle riders

Re: Anglers V's bicycle riders

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Mariners cannot even get a bar dredged.
    Oh the greenies won't allow that, it is not environmentally friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Charlie I might join you for that ride, I'll meet you on the Esplanade at Manly around 7am. Below is a photo so you'll recognise me.

Attachment 85446

Well, where were you , Mike?

I looked at the picture and said to myself that I need to look out for someone not wearing a helmet but I could not see you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    OK......who's hacked Gazza's Ausfish account, he's making too much sense today.

Finga you seem to think that because a path is called a "bikeway" bike riders are the only people permitted to use it, this is certainly not so.

I regularly ride and walk on some of those expensive bikeway projects you mentioned earlier and would suggest cyclists make up well less than 10% of the people that use them. This morning I rode from Everton Pk to Nundah on the "bikeway" and passed hundreds of walkers and joggers, and hundreds of people walking dogs, but saw maybe a 12 to 15 other cyclists.
    Great so we spent 1.5 million on that bikeway for 15 cyclists???

Quote Originally Posted by Bouttime View Post
    Great so we spent 1.5 million on that bikeway for 15 cyclists???

Yeah - but do you think that it would be right to kick off those hundreds of other people making good use of the path by jogging and walking there just so that you could ride your bicycle there?

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    Yeah - but do you think that it would be right to kick off those hundreds of other people making good use of the path by jogging and walking there just so that you could ride your bicycle there?
    What about the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who use Raby Bay boat ramp (purely as an example) every week-end?
    Those people have had absolutely didly squat spent on them......and they pay rego for better facilities.

Somebody has a tremendous amount of clout or someone knows how to push buttons.
    Anglers and boaties should learn a thing or 50 from them so facilities would be forthcoming.
    Image a place to have a shower (personal and boat) after a day on the water.
    Imagine a place where people can actually park cars and not wait an hour to launch or retrieve.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I fail to grasp your argument Finga, the BCC recons 10,000 people use the Soorley "Bike Path" every w/e, we could just call it a "Path" but it won't change it's popularity.

2012_1031BorumbaBoondooma0090.JPG 2012_1031BorumbaBoondooma0092.JPG
    ~~~><))))*>