Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    It usually takes about a fortnight. I recommend that you get your wife to check them for you every morning. I am told that soft massaging slows the process quite a lot, especially as it makes you less likely to start the day in a grumpy mood and takes your mind off wanting to click on the "dislike" button anyway.

Disliked again.

I quite enjoy the treatment so am ensuring it's ongoing practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Finga, you are getting off topic there. Have you tried cooking it in Ginger Beer or just the normal Onion, cloves, vinegar version. A bit of white sauce and horseradish and you are all set
    I did the normal 'mum' version but threw in a few dried chillies.
    The ginger beer sounds like the go though
    How do you reckon it'll go with Green Ginger Wine??

If you want a beeeewdiful condiment to go with any meat try Gwenda's chilly paste. It's simply the bee's knees.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by camhawk88 View Post
    disliked again.

lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Disliked again.

Now see what you've done Charlie.

Wonder if it would work for me or Finga?

Oi Gazza, what did I do to deserve that dislike?

You're a silly old galoot who's equipment has shrivelled in pace with your brain.

Only kidding now, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Now see what you've done Charlie.

Wonder if it would work for me or Finga?
    Oi...leave me out of this.
    I've got 64 dislikes already

Well I'm still waiting for Mike and Phill to turn up for some corned meat.
    I even saved them some from my lunch. If they're not here tomorrow it'll be all down my guts but I have a bit of a dilemma. Curry or fritters for lunch??

Jack if it makes you feel better, most of my dislikes have been from TOL
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Jack if it makes you feel better, most of my dislikes have been from TOL
    Thanks Tangler, that makes me feel much better..

I wouldn't be upset if this forum banned political and religion discussions.

I know at my parents place Dads great mates could occasionally get a bit heated on those two topics. Be a shame to have good blokes argue when they have so much in common otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    I wouldn't be upset if this forum banned political and religion discussions.

I totally agree with this perspective.

The problem is that the politics will be introduced subversively such as by using the excuse of furthering the interest of rec fishers by exploring what this political party or that political party will do for fishers after the next election. If a moderator is the guilty troll in doing this, it looks as if it is approved and endorsed by the forum management.

When I go fishing, it is to get away from the noise of society, not to look for opportunities to become an activist on behalf of the hobby.

Ausfish would benefit from a total blanket ban on any discussion of politics and religion, imho.

Sad truth of the matter is that politics will affect our past-time (as well as any other outdoor activity) more then any other influence including the weather, environmental and work factors.
    It should be discussed but to what extent.

There are a hell of a lot of people who are doing a hell of a lot of work to try and improve our fisheries as well as improving our fishing experience.
    It's such a shame politicians don't listen.

BTW, did any of these shopping list promises that are documented on the LNP website make their way into this year's state budget? When I look at the Courier-Mail's summary of the budget, I see nothing mentioned but that may not be the full story.

"LNP Policy Commitments:

$120 million Marine Infrastructure Fund over four years
    $50 million for small marine infrastructure such as boat ramps, artificial reefs and pontoons
    $30 millon to improve access to Gold Coast Waterways
    $40 millon to improve access to Cairns' Trinity Inlet"

Source: http://lnp.org.au/policies/better-in...for-the-future

Its a free world fellas, you dont have to read threads which has politics or religion if you dont want to,
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Its a free world fellas, you dont have to read threads which has politics or religion if you dont want to,
    Yeah I agree with that... I can happily ignore stuff as well as anyone. (Like mowing the yard). The reason I think it might be a good idea ti avoid politics is because it is so divisive. Blokes who otherwise would get on well start throwing insults around and the spirit of community is damaged.

I am not fussed either way, but if Steve decided the site was to become politics free then I reckon all would be better off long term. It's just my opinion and I could easily be wrong.

With regard to politics affecting boating and fishing.... yeah but hoping one side or the other are going to be better is often a waste of time.

In any case we all have a lot in common... even if not our politics.

at my own peril, i am adding my 2 bits. i am non-political. i hate them all. they all lie, be it outright or subversive. i have a gst from a government that would never implement a gst and i now have a carbon tax from a government that would never implement a carbon tax.
    views on politics are like bums. everyone has one, but they're all different. everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.
    i see no point in sledging here. phill should not be exempt from having a political viewpoint. we are all adults and vote as we see fit. phill plays a big part in making ausfish what it is and works tirelessly on behalf of rec fishos. his m&g organising is second to none and he is a great bloke to have a beer with (or even something pink).
    any suggestion that he may "moderate" political threads to push his own barrow, i think, is nothing shy of insulting.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!