Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    And you never will see an LNP lie Phill, I don't think you are capable of being that objective when it comes to politics.

That's the problem with card carrying partisans. It is not about logic; it is about a religious belief in something great and mysterious that will produce good in the end, no matter how much damage it does along the way.

I can hear the chant coming, "The great God LNP works in mysterious ways", from circles of people holding hands and sobbing in rooms filled with clouds of incense and LED lights flickering faintly in an uppermost corner of the room just behind the stained glass image of a certain lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog....

Reminds me of a school teacher mate of mine who was a Young Liberal in the early 1970's. He had a big colour picture of Billy McMahon on his bedroom wall.

I could never work that out. He reckoned that he joined the Young Libs to meet chicks but instead had this whopping great glossy colour poster of big ears Billy McMahon, the most colourless personality who ever entered politics, on his bedroom wall.

Now let's see, who might our own LNP partisans have on their bedroom walls?....

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

(Post script: Forty years later, my school teacher mate is still single. He did have a lovely girlfriend for a while in the 1970's but alas he could not make a commitment. She subsequently married a clergyman who died about ten years ago. For two or three years, my mate has re-established his friendship with that very lovely lady but, well, you know, they still live in separate houses and have separate lives.

I guess that my mate still cannot make a commitment. Just a true, died in the wool, LNP person, I guess. )

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    BTW...........

FACT

There were 4.......... that's F O U R policies concerning rec fishing released on

9th March 2012
    9th March 2012
    10th March 2012

& 21st February 2012

funny thing is, the election was held on the 24th March.

OK< so we didn't get a " Recreation Fishing Policy " as defined by that specific wording, but we did get 4 policies B E F O R E the election that concerns that criteria.

Just thought I would put that out there .............

LP
    So that's a fact is it? 4 policies concerning rec fishing.....
    How do policies on protecting dugongs and turtles & dredging Trinity Inlet for better navy & cruise ships access address the criteria of a rec fishing policy? And were they even MP Mark's portfilio? Just because a policy contains the word "marine" doesn't mean it concerns the criteria of a rec fishing policy Phill. Now you're just grasping at straws to cover for MP Mark.
    http://lnp.org.au/news/environment/l...gs-and-turtles
    http://lnp.org.au/policies/grow-a-fo...-trinity-inlet

Just thought I would put that out there .............
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    That's the problem with card carrying partisans. It is not about logic; it is about a religious belief in something great and mysterious that will produce good in the end, no matter how much damage it does along the way.

With some Charlie, but it's not always like that. My wife spent over 10 years working for the Qld National Party and we have some great friends from those days. Most are honest hardworking people that are there to try and make a difference to our country. There's nothing wrong with championing a political cause, but it's the increasing few from all sides (and their stooges) that place their cause above truth and honesty that give politics such a bad name.
    ~~~><))))*>

OK< so the ONLY thing " lie " that has been told is a non-release of a specific policy.

Well shave my beard and call me normal, the friggin sky is about to fall down. IS THAT IT ????

In your signature Mike, there are three statements.......

2 of them are true statements and to this date remain true, the other statement has been recorded in history as a Lie.

You see Mike, people DO NOT READ what was said and at all times interpret the words for their purpose.

Statement 3 in your signature and also noted in a previous post clearly states a " fisheries plan " and yet people are banging on about a policy. Chalk & Cheese.

I digress, I DO want people to qualify the lies, I DO want to take them to the LNP chiefs, I NEED those lies in hand for ammo.

IT's not a matter of being objective, it's a matter of FACT. I don't think people understand why I have asked for the LIES.

Again, all you got ( and others so far ) is that an MP , prior to the election made a statement about a policy and that policy has not hit the public forum........ at least he did not stand up in front of the world and LIE directly to millions and that Mike, you can take to the bank.... Julia's statement IS A LIE, and can be qualified. This is what I am asking here, for someone to identify the LIE and qualify it.

If , as you identified, the LIE people here are jumping up and down about, is the simple non-delivery ( release, as we are unsure if the policy exists, unless someone here has inside info to counter that ) of a specifically titled policy, then I think people need to come out from behind the woodshed ask, What am I doing ?

Answer......... jumping up and down about NOTHING, for if as people suggest, it is the Policy that does not exist, then the complaints etc are about nothing.

I think Charlie, Gaz and Steeler and others should have enough time on thier hands to troll the internet pages to post something that resembles a lie ( of importance ).

Seriously, a non-release of a specifically titled policy.......... that's not even a broken promise from the LNP, and promises broken are less important that a dedicated and intentional LIE.

Please, someone give me something to take to Noody........... something of substance, something that affects rec fishing directly ????

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-10-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post

I can hear the chant coming, "The great God LNP works in mysterious ways", from circles of people holding hands and sobbing in rooms filled with clouds of incense and LED lights flickering faintly in an uppermost corner of the room just behind the stained glass image of a certain lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog....

Reminds me of a school teacher mate of mine who was a Young Liberal in the early 1970's. He had a big colour picture of Billy McMahon on his bedroom wall.

I could never work that out. He reckoned that he joined the Young Libs to meet chicks but instead had this whopping great glossy colour poster of big ears Billy McMahon, the most colourless personality who ever entered politics, on his bedroom wall.

Now let's see, who might our own LNP partisans have on their bedroom walls?....

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

(Post script: Forty years later, my school teacher mate is still single. He did have a lovely girlfriend for a while in the 1970's but alas he could not make a commitment. She subsequently married a clergyman who died about ten years ago. For two or three years, my mate has re-established his friendship with that very lovely lady but, well, you know, they still live in separate houses and have separate lives.

I guess that my mate still cannot make a commitment. Just a true, died in the wool, LNP person, I guess. )

I think of spending your valuable time avoiding the question, you could afford the person asking the question the respect of an answer.

Seems you are taking the " ALP Hand Book of Spin " a little too far.

LP

Seems you are taking the " ALP Hand Book of Spin " a little too far.

Have never been a member of any political party and never will be. However, that you have such a phrase at your fingertips suggests that there is such a handbook for card carrying LNP members.

I think of spending your valuable time avoiding the question, you could afford the person asking the question the respect of an answer.

Nah. My gripe is with the tone of the political debate that you and other LNP partisans get down to on Ausfish. Childish school yard name calling does not engender any confidence that the name caller is worthy or being taken seriously in any posts relating to politics. Childish name calling certainly signals that the name caller is not worthy of respect by civilised, intelligent people.

There won't be any investigative or analytical pursuits of any worth coming from political partisans, just feeble attempts to justify their political choices no matter how bad the outcomes.

Start calling the PM "Julia" rather than "Juliar" and you might start to retrieve some of the respect that you have lost; respect that a moderator should be very careful to not lose in the first place.

That a moderator wants to engage in political slanging matches in the forums that he is moderating is just plain dumb. Ausfish is worth better than that.

So let me get this right - you want respect for the PM role but you think you are funny depicting the Premier of Qld as Hitler ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    So let me get this right - you want respect for the PM role but you think you are funny depicting the Premier of Qld as Hitler ?

The point is that disrespect begets disrespect. That is Alan Jones' problem at the moment. As an old boss of mine once said, if you hit someone with a stick, they will come back with a bigger stick.

If you want rational debate on Ausfish, then clean up your own house first and we will see a return to the standands of 'fair go" and courteousness that has been a hallmark of Ausfish as long as I can remember and which attracts members from other states because their local fishing websites don't have the same standards of courteousness.

Instead, now we seem to get drunken abusive posts and politically biassed taunting and bullying and subsequent defensiveness that will have the net effect of alienating membership of Ausfish. Some self important galoots even use the "Dislike" button as if it were a weapon, the poor deluded eunuchs that they are.

Any political party that gets into power is never going to be perfect. No different to buying a new car. Its value depreciates 20% as soon as you drive it out of the car yard. Same as a political party coming into power. Their promises can be discounted by 20% the moment that they are sworn in.

So why are people so surprised?

At best you can judge government performance on balance; viz, on balance is this government performing OK enough? There is no need for personal vitriol ;cos like I said, if you hit someone with a stick, they will come back with a bigger stick.

If members don't like their favorite pollie being portrayed in a certain way then they should not invite the opportunity for that to happen that by being obnoxious themselves.

Phill

I think the purpose of this whole thread epitomises your massive dissapointment in what the LNP has delivered since there appointment.

I guess to some people on here Marks statements were taken as gospel and thus since nothing he said has eventuated would regard that as being a lie. Important or not, its got me buggered is that like core and non core ?????.

Perhaps Marks silence and seldom appearances on here these days sums everything up.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Sorry Charlie, had to dislike mate just to see if my balls shrivel up and drop off.

So far I remain intact!

If you told some one 15 times over 6 months not to worry because you'd finish painting their house before Xmas, then you left them high and dry, would it be fair to say you had lied to them?

Actually, when you meet with the LNP big guns, tell them this one......
    "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing."
    MP Mark 20/4/11
    It should crack them up.

Let me guess, it's not a lie or a con either, it was only meant to be a joke.
    ~~~><))))*>

OK, charlie, I asked simple question that a simpleton could understand, and all I got from you ( not inferring anything here ) is BS and nothing even remotely resembling an answer to a SIMPLE question. If you have nothing to contribute towards the answer, do not reply to me or it. That is SIMPLE.

Mike, did respond with quotes and I thank him for thank, but failed to qualify the lie. ( IMO ).... Mikes latest response about telling a customer when the paint job would be finished etc, is close, but no cigar, as speaking directly and relatively to MY question and facts... the painter that made the promise, in Mike's scenario, was just a brush-hand and NOT the boss and because of that, the BOSS cannot be held responsible. For the SIMPLE people, that is directly related to what Mark R stated and what Noddy did.

I direct no abuse or inference at using the word Simple and it is not directed at anyone in particular, just using a verb & noun to describe the veracity of the emotion to which I direct obvious and common-sense understanding of sentences, paragraphs and words...................... in English.

Steeler, I take your comments onboard and agree mostly. I feel let down... NOT lied to, that is IMO< too harsh. We all know that Mark got shafted after the election, but being the good bloke ( leaving politics aside for an instant ) he is, continued in his private and insular fight for better outcomes for rec fishers in Qld. To this very day he brings to the attention of the party in various ways, what certainly helped the LNP into power at the last election and that was ALP disasters, but also the tidal wave of Rec Fishing support.

FWIW< we ( rec fishos ) still have the $120 mill Marine Infrastructure plan in place. There is funding in that for rec fishing activities, items and programs etc....We still have our plight sitting on the table of the LNP party room. We still have a couple of very passionate rec fishos sitting at the same tables as the men in charge and we still have political experience guiding future policy decisions for recreational fishers.

I am happy with that, just not the expediency of the roll out, but I did elude to this just days after the election, even though it is not my place to do so. On that note, if I make a call, promise that an incoming Govt will do this and that, and it does not happen, am I a liar ? Taking into consideration I have no input or authority to make such promises !
    \

What we don't have is a clear and public policy from the LNP on Recreational Fishing in Queensland . We still have a policy, legislation and regulation etc, left over from the previous Govt. So in essence, we DO have a Recreational fishing policy, just not the right one.............. yet !!!!!!!!!!!!

To tell a lie, one must first know that the lie is about to be told. Intent !!! If you state something you believe ( will happen etc ) and that something turns out to be not correct, through no fault of your own, is that lie ?

Honestly folks......... answer that question in relation to any personal experience you or your family have had.

Example.... I call client, “ I'll be at your place in 10 minutes “. If I turn up in 11 minutes, due to traffic accident, have I lied ????????????? It's all to do with intent and the details. It is simple.

LP

Thumbs down Re: Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

What we don't have is a clear and public policy from the LNP on Recreational Fishing in Queensland .

Example.... I call client, “ I'll be at your place in 10 minutes “. If I turn up in 11 minutes, due to traffic accident, have I lied ????????????? It's all to do with intent and the details. It is simple.
    LP
    MP Mark as the LNP's Shadow Fisheries Spokesperson came on Ausfish and promised us many many times over that he'd deliver a comprehensive and detailed Rec Fishing Policy as soon as Anna Bligh called the election
    Yes Phill , you are a Liar ,a habitual one , IF you repeat "the lie" many,many times.

UNLESS the "Traffic Accident" was the LNP winning the Election
    p.s. the Election was "completed" seven(7) months ago

OH My God................ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never, ever would I have thought that a person who had the capability to use a computer, would lack the inteligence to understand what they were reading on said computer.

I do however, feel for the dyslexic types on here and hope they can conquer thier issues before too much more embarassment occurs.

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-10-2012 at 04:10 PM.

I'm cooking corned meat for tea
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good