Thread: Beaver rock boat Ramp (Mary River)

Beaver rock boat Ramp (Mary River)

Hi All,
    Just a quick heads up, one of our most popular ramps up here is Beaver Rock; it is basic and dangerous but has high volume of locals, pros and recreational fishers using it.
    I have managed to arrange our local member and the Mayor to meet on site to discuss action, update, maintained, safety etc later this month.
    If you are in the area and use this ramp, or have any suggestions to put forward please pm me.
    The Mayor has already authorized a positive step to getting something done so this going to be a positive for our local ramp with the support of the local and state reps.
    I’ll keep you posted.
    Cheers
    Chong

Re: Beaver rock boat Ramp (Mary River)

good work chong
    the mayor is a mate of mine; we don't agree about everything but i;ll give him a poke in the ribs with a sharp stick about beaver. last time i was there it was pretty appaling at low but what can you do realistically? it's always a balance isnt it between making it so good that everyone goes there or making it grubby so you can keep most people that dont want to get their boats dirty away from it.
    but as me and my mbro mates say: don't mind going down on the beaver!

Yeh Sheik i hear ya,
    Gerard is good enough to at least look at it....what can be done??? anything will be help.
    Cheers

Matt

Probably worth putting this up on the other forums that have high level of local members.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Matt

Probably worth putting this up on the other forums that have high level of local members.

Steve
    Done
    Cheers

Matt, here is a link to a facebook page that has been set on Fraser Coast boat ramps.

http://www.facebook.com/FraserCoastBoatRamps

Update:
    We have had first meeting onsite to see problems. So far a positive response but time will tell and time it will take.
    We will have some media involved as soon as I get official response from both levels of government.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Update:
    We have had first meeting onsite to see problems. So far a positive response but time will tell and time it will take.
    We will have some media involved as soon as I get official response from both levels of government.
    Cheers
    good work chong..did they give ya the normal line..something about budget restraints ?