Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PEW. Peeu !!! :(

Re: PEW. Peeu !!! :(

Our freedom and rights are being attacked by minority groups and have been for years.
    The Aussie way is to sit back and say "oh we'll, it doesn't effect me" and do nothing.

Firearm owners have taken the pineapple by the Howard government years ago, and everyone sat back and did nothing because it "didn't effect" them! The firearm community only tries to prevent things getting worse, there is no progress to ever be made and everyone knows that. The same will happen for fisherman, there will never be any going back, we only have one chance to stop new laws at the start.

It will get worse and worse, it doesn't matter if you shoot or fish or 4wd or camp, we are all at risk and sooner or later we will all be restricted.

Like pinhead said above, we need to stand up for our rights before it is too late not just write letters!

The greens are the biggest threat to our freedom and the Australian way of life.

At least Nomad and those who have written to the minister are doing something to protect their rights as they see them, in a realistic way. All I'm hearing here is a load of pie-in-the-sky, get-buggered, no-thanks stuff that achieves precisely zip. If you want to do something to effect change to the Coral Sea plan then DO something, don't just moan, moan, then moan some more. I'm not trying to convince anyone to any particular point of view. But the expansion of the Coral Sea protection zones IS going to happen, it's already been announced. It's the specifics of the zoning are still in play, for a few precious wek. If you want to lobby Lib/Nat candidates to have this zoning repealed when they win the next fed election, then do that. But as I've said, the conservative side enacted the 2006 restrictions, as well as greatly expanding the no-fish zones in the GBRMP a couple years earlier. So good luck with that!

I am amazed Ian. You don't mind some American mob coming here and pushing their will on us? That is why my get stuffed attitude. They have no rights to do that...and who says we have done zip.
    All I can see on the Nomad letter is please protect my business and nothing else.
    I feel very strongly on this issue and have let my local member know my stance.

For once, I agree with Sunfish:
    " The position of Sunfish is that the
    protection currently provided by the GBRMP, the two major Nature Reserves and the Coral Sea Conservation Zone are
    more than adequate for the management and protection of the bioregions in this huge AREA. Sunfish does not support
    the declaration of further restrictive zonings or reserves in this area."

Gday Pinhead: I actually don't think we disagree that much on this issue in general, and I understand why you are pissed off about it. I am too or I wouldn't have bothered posting. But the 60-day consultation period is rapidly running out on this issue. And an expansion is definitely, 100% going ahead. What rec fishos can do is try to CHANGE the proposal. If you agree with the basic thrust of the Nomad letter as I do, then I suggest sign it and send it as quick as possible. If not, then I'd urge everyone to go here and write their own.

http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts...ents-form.html

I also suggest that people send something thoughtful and polite and not abusive if they want to be taken notice of. And be informed about what you are writing about...this is the draft under discussion.

http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts...ea-region.html
    and here
    http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts...ing-scheme.pdf

Talking to your MP or Senator is good, but it certainly WON'T change the fact that the expansion will be approved, unless your MP is Labor or one of the pro-govt independents and you have somehow convinced him or her to cross the floor. It's a done deal.

here is the best petition to sign
    http://www.keepaustraliafishing.com....campaign_1.php

i agree not to sign nomads as they are only thinking of themself

Hopefully the arguing and name calling between the greens and labor in the last few days may see labor change it's tune and listen to the fishing community on this one. One can only live in hope.