Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Colorado: anyone know anything?

Re: New Colorado: anyone know anything?

G'day

Timi, Bartons at Wynnum have a new generation Colorado (essentially the Chev) I do believe Oldfields at Capalaba also have one.

Had a good look over the one at Bartons..... Wasn't that wowed to be honest, bear in mind I did not drive it. Think it'd look better with a decent bar on the front end as it is.

Keep in mind I drive a RA7 Rodeo (same shape/interior as current colorado pretty much) and it's just so similar to what I have already.

Give the dealers a bell and go for a drive, that's the way you'll know.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Ah, just order a ute and a boat and be done with it Timmy.
    CanDo is in power so continual work won't end before he's booted out. So business will be booming for at least 2 1/2 years.
    It'll take 3 months before either turn up so might as well get in early.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I need to clarify:

The Colorado I am talking about is not in Australia yet. Holden expect to be able to show me one in June and it is a completely different vehicle to the current model; the new one certainly has all the bells and whistles. Again, it is front and centre for me because of the 3.5 tonne towing capacity. I may need every ounce of that because I plan to either buy a CC685, or I may get a monster platey built, depending on whim (and Business), I guess. So 3.5 tonne it is. I'm only really interested in what people have to say about what they may know of the Colorado, though side comments are fun and enjoyable to read, they are not informative. Thanks
    i have seen 2 on the road so far in the last month???? and they are out in thailand as went in one two weeks ago(wasnt impressed) .....just let me say im still happy i got the BT.... do ya home work!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    G'day

Timi, Bartons at Wynnum have a new generation Colorado (essentially the Chev) I do believe Oldfields at Capalaba also have one.

Had a good look over the one at Bartons..... Wasn't that wowed to be honest, bear in mind I did not drive it. Think it'd look better with a decent bar on the front end as it is.

Keep in mind I drive a RA7 Rodeo (same shape/interior as current colorado pretty much) and it's just so similar to what I have already.

Give the dealers a bell and go for a drive, that's the way you'll know.

Dave
    I spoke to Bartons on Saturday and they said they might have one in a week, probably two, because of the floods in Malaysia? Said they haven't seen one yet? So what did you see Mate? Spoke to Oldfields on Friday and they haven't seen one yet either? Seems a massive conspiracy to hold them back and only show some special people?
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by stinky-stabi View Post
    i have seen 2 on the road so far in the last month???? and they are out in thailand as went in one two weeks ago(wasnt impressed) .....just let me say im still happy i got the BT.... do ya home work!!!!!!
    Amarok, 2.8 tonne towing. BT, 3350 towing is ok, but I want max 3500. No good. Only one ute in the race so far, unless I cut down a 200 Series, and I don't want to spend 100K+. Yet...

Amarok, 2.8 tonne towing. BT, 3350 towing is ok, but I want max 3500. No good. Only one ute in the race so far, unless I cut down a 200 Series, and I don't want to spend 100K+. Yet...
    have seen two swear to god they even had signage on the sides THE NEW COLORADO that was on the sunshine coast bout a month ago a blue one and a silver one..in bangkok they have more dual cabs than i have seen anywhere , i mean all brands .. diesel was on 13 cents a litre too

Does the tow vehicle have to be new? You should be able to spend that sort of money and buy a good 100/200 series or cruiser ute that will tow 3.2T with ease, rather than wringing the neck out of a 4cyl.

I see (off topic) that the Colorado/Blazer will be released this year in Oz in a 7 seater to rival Pajero and Prado.

A nice 100 series with a TD would be nice. I would prefer this over a 200 (with its problems). But from memory Tim has had both, so if he is chasing a ute there is a reason for it.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I spoke to Bartons on Saturday and they said they might have one in a week, probably two, because of the floods in Malaysia? Said they haven't seen one yet? So what did you see Mate? Spoke to Oldfields on Friday and they haven't seen one yet either? Seems a massive conspiracy to hold them back and only show some special people?
    Bartons at Wynnum (did you speak toWynnum)? Had a red one there. Walked right up to it and crawled all over it, jumped inside, spent a good 15-20 mins there. This was a couple of weeks ago now.

Oldfields (Capalaba) I received some promo material via SMS on the 24/4/12 telling me the "All new Colorado" arriving that next Thursday.

Maybe I am special?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING

G'day

And I also hear that Toyota will be releasing a Dual Cab Landcruiser later this year. (google it)

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING

Oldfields have a red one too, I had my car in for a service last week and had a look.

Now that dual cab 75 series cruiser is one sick looking puppy!

Cheers

PS. I do mean sick, not 'sick'/fully sic' like my kids would use
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

G'day

this one? http://www.themotorreport.com.au/536...eries-dual-cab

Tim... how about importing a Toyota Tundra?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING

Bartons at Wynnum (did you speak toWynnum)? Had a red one there. Walked right up to it and crawled all over it, jumped inside, spent a good 15-20 mins there. This was a couple of weeks ago now.

Oldfields (Capalaba) I received some promo material via SMS on the 24/4/12 telling me the "All new Colorado" arriving that next Thursday.

Maybe I am special?

Dave
    LOL, probably. Anyway I'm in no rush, so I'll see it when I see it...

This is a stopgap car for me. I will buy another 200 Series Cruiser mid next year with luck, but I will be giving this thing to my Manager at the same time. It gives me some flex, if I get the Cruiser a bit late - it won't slow down the boat purchase because whatever I buy will be trailerable. It must be 3.5 ton. 70 Series Cruiser will be about $20k more - too much for the Manager's ute.

And no, I don't want to import. I'm the ultimate consumer, I just want to buy a new car and BAM! Have it there, smelling nice, with zilch on the clock. Tundra's just too dear as well. Call me spoilt, but that's what I've worked for

G'day

And I also hear that Toyota will be releasing a Dual Cab Landcruiser later this year. (google it)

Dave

Wonder what they will price it at and if they will only do a mine pack?. Wonder if I can afford it or will need to wait till they come second hand. Tough workhorse but not the comfortable day to day without a lot of aftermarket if they just do it for market of the mines. . Yes I want one for a tray top camper and to tow a decent boat with all the parts buyable off the shelf.