Thread: national recreational fishing expo

national recreational fishing expo

Re: national recreational fishing expo

this might intrest some people

but not open to the public

Sorry Scott, please expand on "not open to the public".......I'm having difficulty comprehending.
    Having viewed the program, some very interesting presentations in regards to the future of rec fishing with some fantastic speakers.
    Can only hope some positive impacts upon Fisheries Managers and there political masters are forthcoming.
    Commendations to the organisers!

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post
    Sorry Scott, please expand on "not open to the public".......I'm having difficulty comprehending.
    Having viewed the program, some very interesting presentations in regards to the future of rec fishing with some fantastic speakers.
    Can only hope some positive impacts upon Fisheries Managers and there political masters are forthcoming.
    Commendations to the organisers!
    i dont know much more than what i read on the website and i only know about it becauce its on at my work
    i belive its open to rec fishing industry only
    people that benefit from rec fishing charter boats,tackle shops and i think goverment departments

http://recfishing2012.com.au/

$275 to register

Looks like an initiative between Recfish and The Federal Government.

Looks like you can register for around $300 for the seminar

Couldn't see Sunfish or QLD DPI amongst the list after a quick glance. Ben Digggles name is amongst the mix.

Would be worth while going to if you had the time and $$$

All the info here -> http://recfishing2012.com.au/wp-cont...stration-3.pdf

Yep. Your right Damo.
    Not many QLD speakers and nothing from Sunfish.
    You'd think the representatives for recreational angling from the State where the Convention is held would have a presentation or a seminar on the direction they're seeing recreational angling heading towards and their aims and goals.
    But what would I know.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Who Should Attend

You! Basically anyone involved in recreational fishing who would like to be involved in charting the future of recreational fishing in Australia will get a lot out of attending this landmark national event. If you are an angler, guide or charter boat operator, are involved in the retail or wholesale of fishing tackle, boats or boating equipment, or represent government departments, industry or environmental organisations with an interest in fishing then you will benefit from becoming involved in the national recreational fishing conference.

Looks like it's open to all................

and...

Looks like Govt is involved.

Conference Committee members are:-

AFTA – Allan Hansard

Recfish Australia – Russell Conway

Recfishing Research – Bill Sawynok

FRDC – Peter Horvat

DAFF – Melanie Buckley

DCI (Event Organiser) – Kerrie Wise

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 25-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

The $275 fee to attend will knock more then a fair few recreational anglers out even if they want to participate and help in charting the future of recreational fishing in Australia.
    What do those attending get for their money other then getting to listen to some speakers? Can thay participate?
    Will the addresses be available to listen on-line (podcast etc etc) so may others who cannot attend or many reasons be able to 'participate'??

Why don't we all just chip in and send Phill?
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

looks like part of the WOFTAM fraternaty

Quote Originally Posted by pipifin View Post
    Why don't we all just chip in and send Phill?
    How about we send a delegation.......there is quite a few on here that have been active and participated at different levels on committee's representing recreational fishing. Surely with Ausfish being one of if not the largest recreational forums in Australia there is grounds to get members to contribute to allow a group to attend and put a summary of what is said or happens at this event. Its unrealistic for the majority of members to attend given the cost.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by GABBA110360 View Post
    looks like part of the WOFTAM fraternaty
    OK. What's a WOFTAM?

( W = waste... O = Of.... F = %$#@*&^% ... T = Time..... A = and .... M -= Money )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 25-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Looked into it a bit further.

4 speakers doing a seminar.

3 are rec fishos ( freshwater, 2 pommies and 1 yank ) and 1 .... dunno what to call her ? Facilitator and Speaker...

From what I have read, it is freshwater bias, not that that is a bad thing, just saying.

FYI, I have attended the Federal and State Governments " future of rec fishing " info gathering meetings in the last couple of years, that were attended by Bill Swynok ( committee member of this gig ) and also noted that RecFish member is on this committee, in which RecFish sat on the " Future of Rec fishing " meetings of both State and Federal levels.

Certainly with AFTA and FRDC being involved, it takes on a " business " feel. It also has a NSW feel about it with the Recreational Fishing Trusts on board.

Noticable exclusion is Marine Queensland. ???

Obviously, there has to be dialogue between States and at Federal levels because rec fishing encompasses all of Australia.

I have made submissions in regard to Marine issues, to a couple of State MP's and am still awaiting the invitation to see the Minister.

This current government is in a wonderful position in relation to expanding, echnacing and extolling our recreational fishery in Queensland. They , by all accounts, have minimal dollars to chuck at anything, but there is a very strong case to " invest " in Queenslands future, through the promotion of recreational fishing based activities. These include educational events, social events and indeed tourism events.

It doesn't take a squillion dollars to impliment the necessary changes to legislation that could see a boom to the fishery, itself. In fact, a 5 year roll out of artificial reefs up and down the east coast could cost as little as $1,000,000 if the right incentives are provided to the mining giants of Queensland. The draft plan for this event has been placed at the feet of State Government and needs to be passed onto the Federal boys.

The way I understand it is that, we cannot sit back and wait for the fishery to improve, all the while, populations increase and place pressures on major cities at waters edge. Pro-active solutions are required and frugile accounting systems put in place.

With every submission I made, as well as others, we make a point of mentioning " long term vision or goals ". Beneficeries of this are the ATFA's etc whos' business depends on a strong recreational fishing industry. We must understand our fishery. We must protect and enhance it without exploiting it. This can only come from the top, but those people need to be advised from us, the grass roots / coal face Queenslanders that know our fishery on a personal basis.

.......... OK.... footy time.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

yep your onto it!
    Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    OK. What's a WOFTAM?

( W = waste... O = Of.... F = %$#@*&^% ... T = Time..... A = and .... M -= Money )

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    OK. What's a WOFTAM?

Thanks for the edit Phill.
    Now I know