Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chasing Mack's

Re: Chasing Mack's

Bonny i use about 1m of 100lb jenki tied to a small black shogun swivel then about 150mm of wire then i tie it to what ever i am (lures or baits) with the good old trusty haywire twist.old blokes say use as lest amount of wire you can get away with.
    CHEERS AND BEERS.(I to have a mad keen fishing wife.) keep vids coming

Quote Originally Posted by bigjudge View Post
    Bonny i use about 1m of 100lb jenki tied to a small black shogun swivel then about 150mm of wire then i tie it to what ever i am (lures or baits) with the good old trusty haywire twist.old blokes say use as lest amount of wire you can get away with.
    CHEERS AND BEERS.(I to have a mad keen fishing wife.) keep vids coming
    Thanks for that judge, will always post the vids as they get done. I'll be giving this knot 2 kinky wire a go and will be sure to post my opinion.

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Bonny pm contact live in rton always chasing decky (pending roster)
    CHEERS AND BEERS.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoony View Post
    Thanks for that judge, will always post the vids as they get done. I'll be giving this knot 2 kinky wire a go and will be sure to post my opinion.

Cheers from boony
    Good luck with it Boony, if you can get on with it, tried it love to know, I threw it in the bin and back to usual wire or mono,
    Tangles KFC

Yeah Boony the single strand Mason wire with a Haywire twist mentioned above works. I tossed a lure to a waiting Spanno once with plain mono leader and got snipped before it even turned it's head to take off. Learnt my lesson then!! I'd rather go down to the 27 lb wire before going to mono. In fact I'd give up first!!
    We've found on days when they are finnicky and we are using pillies we go to one hook and also sometimes go to a half bait plus throw a heap of other half pillies out around it to trick the buggers.

Not sure if the embedding worked....