Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

All my oompa lompa's walked out on me, apparently some guy by the name of wonka or wanka offered better pay and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    All my oompa lompa's walked out on me, apparently some guy by the name of wonka or wanka offered better pay and conditions.
    Walked out on you? - Is that what you are telling people now? - I saw the spit roast set up you had. Looked about Oompa Loompa size too.

yuuuuummmmmmmmm.......oompa loompa..........

Took the boat out for first run since getting the vertical channels in the transom welded up and got cracks in 4 new places.

Both sides of motor, end of motor upstand and bottom of transom at keel.

The transom is too flexible and needs the full strengthening before it will work safely.

cr4.JPGcr1.jpgcr2.JPGcr3.JPG
    Cheers

Trev

Thats got more cracks than a plumbers convention. What is it with Chinees and bog/filler?

Yeah not good Trev. Wont be long and the water ingress will be huge. If it were a car it would be un-roadworthy. Still no reply from Mr Lee?

doesn't look good mate...hope it gets sorted for ya..prime time of year for fishing and it looks like it might be a few weeks till its back on the water.

I'd be seriously looking at sueing Mr Noble & his chinese mates for their incompetance? This is the 21st century after all.
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Took the boat out for first run since getting the vertical channels in the transom welded up and got cracks in 4 new places.

Both sides of motor, end of motor upstand and bottom of transom at keel.

The transom is too flexible and needs the full strengthening before it will work safely.

cr4.JPGcr1.jpgcr2.JPGcr3.JPG
    Mate thats sad news indeed after all the effort you put into it, still no word from Nobels hey?
    Cheers Axl

No word what-so-ever from Jason Lee - Noble Boats International (NBI)

The transom is looking particularly soft and tearing up

I am not a big fan of going to court - but am keeping my options open.
    Cheers

Trev

Trev mate this bad news if transon not fixed by the time of bait vs arty M&G I have a spot as long as you can fish beside burly maker bruce as tim & I fish the otherside of boat mate if you need a hand with anything let us know cheers bill

Trevelly, If the boat is insured couldn't you make a claim to get it fixed ??
    Then let your insurance company chase Noble up for the coin... (discard if this has already been mentioned)

After one trip and its cracked like that, maybe its the metal itself that is weak, Would welding another 5-6mm sheet over the back of the boat help firm it up.

Hope you get the tub sorted soon

It looks like the work you did on the transom has now transferred the the load to different areas of the transom,probably the weaker points which is now causing the new cracks and stress points.
    You are now going to have to remove the motor and have the transom fully strengthened before you use it again or you will destroy that boat.
    I would be very worried about the fatigue on all the welds and the transom itself if that was my boat.
    I would also be getting a written report from a marine engineer before I went any further detailing the mistakes in the transom and what needs to be done to fix it along with full quotes on the repair costs.
    At least you then have the information you need if you want to take things further.

Pursuing this in a court may not result in any thing apart from handing over more coin. If the owner/partner in Australia hasnt returned any emails then I suspect this muppet has gone to ground for a very good resone. This would tell me he knows to well of the problems with this hull and probably all that have come to our shores and he simply cant afford to repair them. Next port of call,
    Bankruptcy or administration.

Very sorry to see that Trev, you deserve better. All this is shocking for any owners of the Chinese built Noble's.

Sorry to hear your haveing more dramas mate hope it can get sorted ASAP