Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slide out drawer systems?

Slide out drawer systems?

Hi Ausfishers,

Can any one recommend a slide out draw system for my 4wd.
    I need it for my slide out kitchen for my trip around Oz!
    Or maybe you can reccomend a company to contact?

Hope you can help.

Tight lines... Cal
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

Re: Slide out drawer systems?

Going to be a pretty penny mate.

I put outback drawers in my colorado .
    Their unreal, a lot of coin but worth every cent.
    I put in a drop down slide for my fridge because the extra height of the drawers makes it harder to see in the fridge without it dropping down.
    The out back ones have an aluminium edge on them some have plastic, they have a gap above the drawer to stop the kids slamming their fingers in it, and they have a great handle style slam shut .
    Only problem I had is that they dont make a dual battery carrier for the engine bay on a colorado so I had to mount the second battery under the floor behind the back wheel arch , tight fit , but it fits.

Drifta kitchens

We are about to order a set of drifta drawers for our round oz trip. We had a good look at them at the 4x4 show and were really impressed. Very solid and well made. They dont use metal runners, they use teflon runners on the bottom instead, very smooth and one less thing to develop a rattle! The set we are going with comes with a pull out table. We're adding the drop down fridge slide and the whole set up delivered is less than others are charging for just draws.
    http://www.drifta.com.au/4WDFitout.php

They also do slide out kitchens
    http://www.drifta.com.au/UteCarback.php

Happy hunting, Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Well im a plumber/gas fitter so I wouldn't mind building the kitchen on the drawers Going to the 4wd show is a good idea, i hadn't thought of! Thanks for all the replies so far.... keep any recommendations coming please.

Tight lines til then

This is what you want. 12v on/off 35psi water pump on tap etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
    This is what you want. 12v on/off 35psi water pump on tap etc etc.

That looks delicious! More info please!!!!!!!!

Vid.

Any other information such as what sliders are used, frame material, weight, cost etc etc

Cheers Alfred
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Cal (and others)

Have a look at this thread on the Prado point website. A few ideas there for you to mull over.

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...surments-added

Regards
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Cal (and others)

Have a look at this thread on the Prado point website. A few ideas there for you to mull over.

http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...surments-added

Regards
    Andrew
    Thats the exact reason why I dont bother posting my draw set up anymore. They cost me $1100 in materials alone. Then people jump on and say they made theirs for $110 which is total BS. Read on at the above link.

2 latches $35 each = $70

mdf - no price
    roll of carpet - no price
    contact adhesive - no price
    screws - no price
    2x 600mm drawer slides = $10 each
    propper drawer slides he questions for $100 a pair. Try $240 a pair for propper ones

In that thread the person stated that what they used was crap and better ones were going to be substituted as things progressed.
    They even put in that a pair of decent slides is $100.
    They also stated they had the other stuff lying about.
    Why take yours down??
    I'm sorry but because someone says they can make some for about $100 then that's a reason to take yours off??
    Maybe he knows places where the same draw slides that cost you $240 will cost him $100??
    I have some (4 sets) brand new really good 150kg rated (stamped on them) about 1500mm long (3 stage so they slide fully out) locking draw slides sitting under the house. They cost me $10 a set at the Beenleigh markets. They probably came from an auction somewhere so what's the problem??
    Personally I think if you paid $240 for draw slides then you paid too much.
    What are specifications for your draw slides and I'll see if I can get them cheaper by simply doing a google??

Na, guys always recon they can make the same as mine for $350. They always misrepresent the true $$ value and people believe them. My slides are 227kg locking 1 metre.

Quote Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
    Na, guys always recon they can make the same as mine for $350. They always misrepresent the true $$ value and people believe them. My slides are 227kg locking 1 metre.
    Well they'll get a rude awakening then won't they.

Where did you get the 227kg rated ones a metre long?