Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Fishing trips. Have you had em??

Re: Funny Fishing trips. Have you had em??

Seems i got told a funny story a few years back about a bloke getting gaffed in the ass... You wouldn't know anything about that would you Rabbi?

See john...there's something about sharp things and Rabbi that dont mix..he's in Korea largely unsupervised at the moment. I'm worried for his safety...................Oh and i also stand well back when he gaffs my fish,,,the few that I catch anyway

One that springs to mind was when I was a kid me and a mate and his dad went to fish off the wharf at Cossack. Not much was happening but then my mates line went off and this big longtom launched itself and started going mental. When we got it in it became apparent why- the hook was lodged fair up its arse clean as a whistle. Reckon that will turn most fish into a rampaging beast. Whilst not the funniest thing I have seen by a long shot, as a pair of 14 year old kids nothing could be funnier and we both had sore gut muscles for days.
    You'd think with all those bloody teeth the fish should be able to work out which end to take a bait from!

A couple of weeks ago me and a couple of mates were fishing from our yaks when my friend lost his anchor.
    He threw it out and the rope came undone and straight to the bottom it went, I paddled over and dropped my anchor so that i could hold his yak while he swam around in about 2m deep water looking for it.

For about 30 minutes he swam around getting stun by jellyfish and shitting his dacks being scared of bullsharks. I sat there laughing my ass off while he did. We decided to call it quits and he climbs back onto his yak and starts to paddle away. I climb to the front of my yak and start bringing in my anchor when i notice it is a bit heavier then usual.

Turns out when i dropped my anchor (2-3m away from where he lost his), it manage to hook perfectly together with his and i then pulled both of our anchors up.

We sat there laughing for about 5 minutes about how awesome it was they hooked perfectly and that he wasted 30 minutes swimming around getting stun by jellyfish for no reason.

I definitely won Catch of the Day

took the fatherinlaw fishing up haysinlet on new years eve fishing for flathead,and he had one of thoes pink manns5 and i asked him to use it.no wories he reckens,so i tye it on go to cast out and the line fell from me finger then i here f@@k bodd(hes pommy).look around and the manns five is hanging from his eve brow.could not stop laughing at him gee it looked funny any way so i go were gonna have to go to the doctors to get that out.he goes f##k that just rip it out so thats what i done, geez i still laugh at the old fella about that.

Quote Originally Posted by nezevic99 View Post
    Seems i got told a funny story a few years back about a bloke getting gaffed in the ass... You wouldn't know anything about that would you Rabbi?
    Geez its a long way from home over here at korea guys. hanging out for a nice T-bone,chips n a cold XXXX.
    As a matter of fact Jon I do.Theres a couple of us that keep laughing about that incident, I still get a nasty twitch in my left eye just thinking about it

A mate n myself went jewing off the wall and it was a rough surf and I only had my little short jew rod and SP.s.
    Pretty much hooked up to a 20kg jew first few casts and got it back to the rocks with a 2m plus swell running.
    Had a 4metre alloy handled gaff with the normal 6mm steel hook(sharpened it that morning)
    Stan got it with the first gaff shot but only hooked it by a small section and had about 75mm of gaffhook protruding from the fish but good enough to lift it okay.
    Now this is where it all starts to go bad.

Stan was standing up fairly high when he gaffed it and a big wave hit the fish as he was lifting it and drove the gaff into the rocks and bending it around and into a crack and lodging the gaff firmly in there. I jumped down(had my wetpants n jacket on) into the wavezone level with the fish and pulled the gaff loose and stan was about to hoist the fish when a good wave hit the fish n gaff and washed it behind me at the same time knocking me off balance but I just went backwards onto the rock and also onto the fish on the gaff.
    My feet slipped off the rock I was standing on but I didnt fall and I seemed to be sitting on my fish behind me and it felt like getting a Tetanus shot in the arse.
    Stan at this stage was telling me to get off the F****** gaff cause he couldnt hold the both of us up.
    I regained my footing and stood up off the gaff and hopped up the rocks while stan was hoisting the fish up.
    There was a few fishos watching next to Stan and I swear I heard one of them say "Bullseye!!"
    Anyway, I got back on top of the wall and dropped my wet pants and there was a fair amount of blood running down my left leg so stan says "drop your daks" Still had me Reg Grundies on but all of a sudden the crowd dispersed! Something must have spooked them!!
    The point of the gaff had gone in about 50-60mm left of centre and It must have went in about 75mm.
    Stan said "you will live" and we went on fishing.
    I have a bullet hole like scar there now and I keep offering to show people that I tell about the incident but they always knock me back on the offer
    Coulda been worse.
    cheers, steve.

Yeah Mark, something about sharp things!!. Went coarse fishing for the last few days over here, will post some reports when I get home.
    I just thought about the bitumen road incident way out west at Mungindi with some mates codfishing trip many years back.
    getting late here now so will tell it later.
    Cheers guys.

I think I've heard this bitumen road yarn. Steve...

A few mates and I codfishing on the Severn a few years ago, the apple trees were in flower at the time attracting the bees. One of my mates (was my mate until he reads this) is a bit partial to the odd rum can. Anyway he was off having a leak or something and when he got back to his chair, he grabs his rum from the drink holder in the chair and takes a big swig. Next thing he is spraying rum everywhere. the bee's had gotten into his rum can while he was away, one has bitten him in the back of his throat. Pure bugger wanted to go to the hospital but we just laughed at him... Told him he was a cruel bugger killing bee's and asked him which hose should we remove out of the engine bay of the ute (radiator, wiper washers or heater hose) to poke down his throat if the swelling got to much.
    He grow up with bee's and had been bitten plenty of times... not in the throat but.

Scott

I have a mate who is a bit of clumsy bastard.Anyway a few years back my mate and I were fishing the Pin area out my uncles houseboat and we brought back a good flathead caught in the tinny at around 10lbs to weigh on some 80yr old family heirloom "salter"scales with intention of releasing the fish.After the fish was weighed with the scale hook in it's mouth (this was before more fish friendly catch and release techniques were used) he was swimming the flathead for release whilst kneeling on the duckboard of the houseboat and the fish kicked with scales still in its gob.We watched the fish dissapear to the depths.We were in around 12 ft water which was gin clear at the top the tide so we could see the fish on the bottom.My uncle heard the commotion at back of the boat and come to investigate.After telling him what happened he seen the flattie on the bottom not moving with his scales in its mouth.He said as "Captain of this boat I order you to get me my scales back".First a cast net was used then ganghooks but it was decided the only way was to free dive and get it.It was in the middle of winter at the time.So over goes my mate on his 3rd attempt up he comes with the flattie and scales.Elation,high fives and the flattie is succesfully released for a second time.It is now late arvo and after a hot shower,a few bundy rums and being rugged up for the nights fishing pursuits my same mate is on the duckboard filleting a fish with my uncles brand new $80 filleting knife given to him by his staff for some work milestone.Next thing I here him swearing.You guessed it over goes the filleting knife.All the crew come to the back of the boat.The uncle orders for the knife to be retrieved and over goes my mate again.Lucky the knife had a brightly coloured handle and was easily located.Frank Spencer is not allowed near scales or filleting knives now.

GAC

Steve, When are you home? Planning a jaunt down your way late may if you are around.

It'll be touch and go if he's home mate, hes out of contact for the next few days island hopping. I'll be around though..I think I'm successfully making him homesick with pics of jew

Alrighty guys,
    Sitting in front of Kat's brothers computer over here in Korea and knocked over halfa bottle of Baileys n a few beers with him so its time for the bitumen road yarn as told to me by the instigators who we will call Alan & John at this stage.
    A number of years back they went on a fishing trip to Mungindi and called in at the pub there before setting out to throw a line or two in.
    As it is with these guys they usually dont stop too quickly when they start having a beer or two and its getting dark so they head off to one of the overflow channels around the area.
    After crossing a few paddocks with a skinfull under their belt they come across a channel shimmering in the moonlight and unpack their fishing gear and throw in about 20 set lines on springers baited with crayfish and worms and retire back to their vehicle to sleep it off.
    The next morning they are woken abruptly by vehicles and trucks going by and get up to find they had set all their lines on the bitumen road they had parked next to.
    It was almost as funny as the time they told the story about setting their lines after dark in a dry creek bed they used to get fish in, after a few coldies of course.
    Dont know if it was true or not but knowing these 2 guys I wouldnt be too surprised.

Heres one that is definitely true.
    Freddie Trow n myself went codding down to the junction between the Macintyre & Severn many moons back before it was a national park.
    Anyways we were sitting around the campfire after dinner talking about Cod, Dingo's(there were heaps down there at that time) and of course, Panthers.
    We retired in our sleeping bags under an open tarp with the campfire going nicely at that stage and I reckon it must have been about midnight when a Possum jumped on the bottom of my sleeping bag,ran all the way up it and jumped off my head leaving a few scratches on the way.
    Fair dinkum, I thought I was being taken by a panther.
    Bad smell around the camp after that, and it wasnt the beans!!
    Cheers.

Was one of the bloke's name that was fishing in the paddock Ces....And talking about the Panther we heard it one night & saw it's footprint's in the sand behind the camp down at Bedwell Down's

Baz

ATT000011.jpg
    not funny but a great story to tell the grand kids

Geez,is that a spear??
    I should try spearfishing one day but I have just had a glimpse of the future
    I used to use one of those handspears, safer in consideration of my track record!!