Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterways

Re: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterwa

Well Can Do is being hammered by Green preferences in Ashgrove with the latest poll, the LNP will focus on getting him across the line, i reckon any fishing policy that has the potential to antagonise people who are undecided but leaning to vote Green in Ashgrove will be dumped for this election,

this election is too Presidential and is IMO will in the next 2 weeks be about getting Cando over the line in Ashgrove over the interests of the State as a whole.

I reckon for the LNP a fishing policy is the last thing on their minds, if they get to power and Cando doesnt win Ashgrove will be their worst nightmare, it will be jobs health debt and bugger all about lifestyle in the next 2 weeks.. we have had our regal visit from the LNP and we should feel so blessed,

And Katters a nutter

DO THESE POLLIES ACTUALLY LISTEN TO REAL PEOPLE? as id love to be in a focus group!!!!
    Tangles KFC

Re: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterwa

Did someone buy a new big boat & house on the Gold Coast ........... some mining magnate perhaps

Give me a break !!!!

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    You have started this thread Mark, so we all hope that a " rec fishing policy " will be released here very , very shortly.

Only 14 sleeps to polling day.

LP

OH... you said :- Fifty million dollars will go to small marine infrastructure such as boat ramps and fishing pontoons for our recreational fishers and boaties...

What about the artifical reefs mentioned in the original statement ?

and not being pedantic, but... the original statement said " pontoons, fishing platforms ". You have said " fishing pontoons ". Very different objects.

Fishing Platform is a solid structure and a pontoon is a floating structure. Got to be reading from the same book. The message has to be united and consistent.
    Phill. this is a good announcement for boaties and fishers. It is not our complete policy of course. It is $50 million to be invested in new or upgraded boat ramps, pontoons, floating walkways, fishing platforms, artificial reefs - whatever is the priority in each region.

A vote for the ALP or Katter candidates/MPs will return Anna Bligh and the Labor-Green alliance's anti-fishing policies. It is Labor who has been in power for 20 of 22 years and has shafted fishermen during that time. It was Labor MPs who brought in the Moreton Bay fishing closures - and will bring more in at both federal and state level if re-elected. It was Labor who voted for snapper bans in the Qld parliament. The only way to stop the rot is to vote for your local LNP candidate/MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Phill. this is a good announcement for boaties and fishers. It is not our complete policy of course. It is $50 million to be invested in new or upgraded boat ramps, pontoons, floating walkways, fishing platforms, artificial reefs - whatever is the priority in each region.

A vote for the ALP or Katter candidates/MPs will return Anna Bligh and the Labor-Green alliance's anti-fishing policies. It is Labor who has been in power for 20 of 22 years and has shafted fishermen during that time. It was Labor MPs who brought in the Moreton Bay fishing closures - and will bring more in at both federal and state level if re-elected. It was Labor who voted for snapper bans in the Qld parliament. The only way to stop the rot is to vote for your local LNP candidate/MP.
    so when do we hear the complete policy? or don't we?
    It is starting to appear as if a vote for the LNP is a vote to be treated like a mushroom.

You had a perfect opportunity, Mark, to garner support from the members of this site..alas, I feel that support is vaporising rapidly.

Mark,

Great that funding for recreational fishing infrastructure would be forthcoming. But it is of little value if fish stocks continue to plummet as a result of over fishing by commercial nets. Some of this money must be allocated to the buy back of inshore commercial licences and net free regions created if the land based recreational fishery is to have any chance. There are a multitude of fish and seabird species that are dependent on this occurring and the inshore commercial fishery also. As outlined in the 'Proposal for the Creation of Recreational Fishing Havens for Cooloola and Fraser Island' commercial returns would be increased as a result of such havens as demonstrated by the NSW inshore commercial fishery since 29 recreational fishing havens were declared in 2001.

I am very much in favour of artificial reefs, but these do nothing for land based fishers which comprise the majority of all recreational fishers.

Lindsay Dines

Mark
    On this forum, you promised a fishing policy to be released. You haven't done so.
    There is no excuse.
    To para phrase a great line from Starwars' Yoda.... "There is Do" ,, or "Do not"

Many of us will now make our decision based on your behavior on this forum.
    As I have stated "the best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior.

I was prepared to vote LNP, but your performance has convinced me to look elsewhere for representation

Regards .
    rando

In marketing terms Mark's statements regarding a vote for Katter is a" fear of loss gambit" in my view a very poor marketing tool and a completely inadequate response to some requests for some 'substance' from him
    Last edited by rando; 10-03-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: revised

By the way, can one of you who has a handle on the value of fishing related expenditure to Qld's economy post a $$ figure please. Commercial and recreational!!!. I know this has been speculated on in the past.
    From memory it is in the billions..........

120 million,,,,,,, phhhht

Stand up MR or are you full of hot-air
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-03-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    Well Can Do is being hammered by Green preferences in Ashgrove with the latest poll, the LNP will focus on getting him across the line, i reckon any fishing policy that has the potential to antagonise people who are undecided but leaning to vote Green in Ashgrove will be dumped for this election,

this election is too Presidential and is IMO will in the next 2 weeks be about getting Cando over the line in Ashgrove over the interests of the State as a whole.

And Katters a nutter

DO THESE POLLIES ACTUALLY LISTEN TO REAL PEOPLE? as id love to be in a focus group!!!!
    I wouldn't be rushing to that conclusion just yet, the LNP will win and if Campbell fails in Ashgrove some one from the LNP has to be Premier, perhaps and old Nat Party member, after all they were the ones leaking his business dealings to the Courier. I've been told some Nats are seething about the $115mil for schools infrastructure with 75% marked to go to private schools and only 25% to State Schools. They claim its about getting him over the line in Ashgrove and damm the rest of the state (Ashgrove has an extreamly high % of students attending priv schools while the Qld average is 68% attending State Schools and 32% attending Non Gov Schools).

Which we all feel were wrong. You obviously agree that they were wrong so simple question - 'What are YOU going to do to fix it?'

Or are you suggesting that a vote for ALP/Katter/Greens is a vote for more closures whereas a vote for LNP is a vote for nothing changes?

If you want my vote, and from what I read the vote of a few others around here, then I think you need to tell us. As I mentioned before I am in your electorate and will happily sell you my vote in return for you fixing up this green zone mess. So do we have a deal or not? Time is running out.

It seems the LNP has come to the conclusion that Labor's green zone are on the money!

Have a look at this link. Have LNP candidates been instructed not to mention the green zones before the election is held, or mention rec anglers fishing in green zones with 1 line?
    Looks like it to me.
    All 4 candidates in the seat of Pumicestone (Bribie Passage area, very angler orientated)
    asked their views on various issues inc the enviroment in their area.

Labor = Green Zones a good thing, leave them unchanged

Katter's Party = Green Zones, our policy is 1 line for rec anglers in Green Zones

Greens = Green Zones, great, hang on to them for dear life

LNP = ...............................No mention at all.........nuthin...

ON the subject of the marine enviroment the LNP candidate didn't even consider Green Zones as an issue in this election.
    Reminds me of that Faulty Towers episode...."DON"T MENTION THE WAR"

Here's the link

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...-1226280864200

Mark really? I mean really? This close to an election and this is all you can drip feed us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson
    A vote for the ALP or Katter candidates/MPs will return Anna Bligh and the Labor-Green alliance's anti-fishing policies
    And a vote for the LNP is not? I mean how are we to know it isn't? Two weeks out from an election and the LNP are too piss weak and gutless to stand by their guns and release a policy. This is absolute hor$e $h!t Mark. Tell Campbell there are a few old Army Gingerbeers out there calling one of their former members a gutless wannabe that is too scared of losing to an incompetent Kate Jones to stand up and have the integrity to be ever called a Sapper.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I don't blame Mark for failing on the policy issue. To me the full blame lays squarley at the feet of Can Do (if it doesn't upset the Greens) Newman. The mans integrity is shot to pieces the day he came out swinging at the "corrupt" Bjelke-Petersen era. This action was aimed at the the "Yuppie" Labor crowd in an effort to swing some votes his way. Even Beattie recognised that Joh was largely responsible for where Queensland is today with significant foresight in infrastructure development. Can Dos legacy with BCC is a couple of White Elephant projects that were badly thought through.
    His actions in not opposing the rabid Greens over access to fishing areas stinks of a man whose principles blow in the wind and whose integrity is questionable. He is prepared to backflip to buy some votes. I did not like Can Do as a LM but I thought he would be a strong leader for queensland at the State level. How wrong I was. At the moment I'm still keen for a LNP win but without the little man winning Ashgrove. Lawrence Springborg would have a hard time winning an election but seems to be a man of honesty and integrity and I would be happy for him to have a crack at running this state for a while
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I agree Horse...the more I hear of the man the more there is to dislike.

That 50 mill for small marine infrastructure..over what period of time is that? 1st year, 1st term or over 10 years. I love how pollies come out with statements but neglect to tell over what time frame it is intended.

( statement read. " over four years ". )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 11-03-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Has Katter aligned his party with the greens or labor??
    Last i heard he was standing with no preferences......hope that is still the case.
    Interestingly, after last nights kicking Mark Robinson up the ring here, the LNP now puts forward $10mil to buying back commercial licences.

Now you have got at ask yourself, does that policy protect our fish stocks from export or does it make us more dependent on importing fish and diseases???

This is a real two edged sword that will kill one, the other or both if not handled effectively.

IMO there needs to be a cap on exports to minimise imports of foreign products esp in the primary industries sector like fisheries and meats. it only takes one fish or animal part that is infected / affected to be released into Australia by slipping through quarrantine and we will be no better than a 3rd world country's produce. I wonder what the current quarantine checking % is?? It would be very far from 100% of each container load imported.

We must bolster our product on our shelves before we allow our good product to go overseas and replace it with crap imports.
    Jack.