Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

Re: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

totally agree Greg,

same as Johnnies promises which became non-core promises and therefore ok to be broken..you gotta love it
    Tangles KFC

Looking for sincerity in politics can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack, and yes we can be angry with deceit and feel betrayed with lies too.

We have got what we have got and I applaud the calls for improvement.

My wife is from a country where the opposition in media or politics strangely go missing and if found are strangely very dead.

I know we want better and deserve better, but we should also make the most of opportunities to be heard and work with what we have rather than the opposite.
    Cheers

Trev

In essence Mark i think the thread title may come back to bite you on the ass BIG time. whether it be rec fisho's or any other member of the voting public to walk away from an election promise is unacceptable.

If other ruling conservative state governments has proved anything my money is on this coming back to haunt you.

You do realize the first broken promise or delayed introduction of policy by your impending govt regardless of who the minister is or portfolio on any issue you will be reminded of this thread.

A massive call lets hope " can do " does not let you down and looking a little egg faced.

Its not just your portfolio that effects a Rec Fisho's way of life and there ability to be able to afford to pursue there passion for wetting a line.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I find it amusing that the LNP seem to think say nothing and they are a shoe in as long as they don't say something that the public don't like , all this crap with mark coming on here and leading us on to believe he is going to save our fishing is nothing short of garbage .To have every thing resting on Mr Notsomuchtodo has many pit falls including what will we be stuck with if Kate Jones wins her seat , we could end up just as big a problem of not worse ,mark is as believable as unicorns existing or fairies in the garden ... Get real you blokes Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Well all I can say is that I have had a look at Katter's Australian policy on Recreational Fishing and I think it is great.At least they have consulted with the fishing and tackle industry to come up with a plan. What other party has talked to some of the most high profile tackle manufacturers and leading fishing experts from around Ausralia to see what they think we as a government should be doing for recreational fisho's. Have a look at their policies at www.ausparty.org.au I believe that we need a change in the government and not just in the party. We need to tell the LNP and ALP that they need to reinvent themselves and how they treat us is not acceptable. No politician should go back on their word but both the ALP and LNP have done it everytime, this is not acceptable.

I can clarify that I am the Candidate for Pumicestone for Katter's Australian Party and I sit in the background and read all your comments. I agree we haven't been able to take the word of some Politicians but I have always stood by my word and I know in my heart Bob Katter does as well. The party is passionate about our rights to enjoy our reational activities, all I do is ask you to look at our core values especially number 10. This will tell you that we will keep our word as it is one of our core values. No other party makes this statement.

I have dropped off a number of brochures around Caboolture and Bribie outlining our policies for reco's, ask at you local bait or tackle shop as these haven't been added to our website as yet. If you would like a copy sent to you then email me at pumicestome@ausparty.org.au and I will organise one to be emailed directly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    there are varying circumstances..I have no problerm if a Govt comes out and says,,we stuffed up..what we promised will not work but we will do this instead..have no problems with that.

I do have a problem with..there will not be a carbon tax under my Govt..that was just a blatant vote gathering lie.
    I do agree with you 100% pinhead, but I do all too well recall a previous Premier slippery smiling QC who made an art-form out of what you have described and just oozed insincerity to the max - "yes we know we made a mistake but be sure we are here to fix it" and time and again we were well and truly "FIXED!"

All this aside though given the opportunity to have our thoughts and ideas listened to - what do we have to lose.

If we choose to just say "get stuffed and nick off we don't trust you" then we surely just deserve what we get - which can become more of what we have had and worse. Greens want total lock out of 70% of our fishing areas - they are united and resolute and getting results - we just sit here and squabble and don't give delegates instruction/ideas and support we will surely be worse off.

I don't plan to convert anyone; I will now choose to just put forward what I think are good ideas and leave the others to their own agendas.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Beast1965 View Post
    Well all I can say is that I have had a look at Katter's Australian policy on Recreational Fishing and I think it is great.At least they have consulted with the fishing and tackle industry to come up with a plan. .
    How's that, the party has only been in existence for a few months and they already have a fishing policy. Well done guys, others should take note.

I can clarify that I am the Candidate for Pumicestone for Katter's Australian Party and I sit in the background and read all your comments. pumicestome@ausparty.org.au .
    Beast1965 as you'll be running as a candidate, can I suggest that it could help your cause if you changed your Ausfish user name to your real name and used a pic of yourself for your avatar.
    It would help to promote you, your values, and your party to Ausfishers, and I'm sure the ballot paper won't read "Beast1965" anyway, I'm sure Phil will be able to change it and then back again after the election.

Cheers
    Mike D

Edit- And don't just sit in the background mate.

I can clarify that I am the Candidate for Pumicestone for Katter's Australian Party and I sit in the background and read all your comments. I agree we haven't been able to take the word of some Politicians but I have always stood by my word and I know in my heart Bob Katter does as well. The party is passionate about our rights to enjoy our reational activities, all I do is ask you to look at our core values especially number 10. This will tell you that we will keep our word as it is one of our core values. No other party makes this statement.

I have dropped off a number of brochures around Caboolture and Bribie outlining our policies for reco's, ask at you local bait or tackle shop as these haven't been added to our website as yet. If you would like a copy sent to you then email me at pumicestome@ausparty.org.au and I will organise one to be emailed directly to you.
    Thanks for that interesting reading . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks Mike I will attempt to change everythin over to my real Name Brandt King very shortly.

The thing that worries me is that on the austrailan party web site theres a pic of Bob Katter talking to Rex hunt, whats Rex go to do with fishing in QLD or was rex just showing bob how to kiss fish,theres got to be better people to get advice from that have more credability,rex might have been the one that advised the liberals in victoria and looks whats happened there after the libs said trust us we will look after you.

No it wasn't just Rex Hunt there were some big name manufacturers of recreational fishing equipment and other industry leaders that I am not sure that I can name at this moment in time due to privacy issues. But believe us that we are concerned about the rights of individuals being able to partake in recreational activities.One of our core values is based on this right, so we will fight for it.

nice to hear from you brandt, i'm a pumicestone voter and am interested in your party's policies on recreational angling, what are you guys offering?

Hi there beast1965 , no you dont have to name them i can work out some just from the boat in the pics and the goldcoast holds a few major boat builders and yes im in your area and have read the core values today and do belive in and agree with a lot of what the austrailan party stand for its good to have someone ealse to concider when its time to vote and it was good to read that the party has concidered not only the rec fishers but all the recreational activities.

The 4 Key points of Katter's Australian Recreational Fishing Policy are:
    1. Declare Net Free or Recreational Only Fishing Areas around all large cities and towns on the coast and smaller communities if they want one.
    2. Declare Tailor, Australian Salmon and all Trevally species to be Recreational Only Fish.
    3. Develop Freshwater Fisheries to a higher standard to grow regional tourism.
    4. Allow Recreational Fishing with one line and one hook in selected green zones in Marine Parks where there is no threat to the biodiversity.

This policy is made as part of our core values and principles.

Brandt King
    Candidate for Pumicestone