Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I know you'll read this Paul ...... but you really do need to realise that Queensland is growing up - it's becoming less of a back block state and more like their southern counterparts - whether you like it or not . I'm sure you would love the place to go back to what it was like under Joe . Thankfully we have moved on from there!!!!.
    Me ..... I'm Australian & I have an appreciation of both my birth state & my adopted state - I can compare Qld against 3 other states that I have spent a considerable amount of time in & the one thing that stands true is that regional services / infrastructure is no different in NSW , Vic , SA or Qld - do you really expect money to be poured into regional centers at the same levels as the South East ??? It never happens! - Mind you .... go to places like Gladstone , Mackay , Townsville & Cairns and you will find facilities as good as anywhere in any other regional center in Australia . The regional road situation is no worst than any other state ...... Just take the road south of Woolongong down to the Victorian boarder & then continue around Lakes Entrance - through Melb & then off to Adelaide ......... not exactly a brilliant piece of road (far from it!) yet part of our National Hwy So while you sit back in paradise & dream of days gone by - you might just realise that your lot in life is no worst than anyone else living in rural / regional Australia. I'm really sure you had a lot more 20 years ago
    As for Katter - he would have us all pouring E10 into our cars & boats so his cockie mates can plant more sugar cane ........ no thanks

Chris
    it has never been a back block State..the was the perception of those from down south...the ones with the big egos..even at Federation they had to devise another capital as Sydney and melbourne egos ran rampant.
    The Joh era..lemme think..what did his Govt do? electrification of railways, Gateway Bridge, South East Freeway, Burdekin Dam, Wivenhoe Dam..those 2 dams you enjoy..Awoonga and Fred Haigh..both started during his era. And ,of course, let us not forget the most moneumental one..the abolition of death duties. That led to a huge number of southerners heading to the backward State. There is plenty more.

Just like ya league team PH, going backwards

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

That's low Steeler.............

We were the first State in Australia to have it's name starting with a ' Q '...

We only grow Right Handed bananas

We are the only State were politicians ' feed the chooks ' as part of their job description.

oh... oh.... I know.......... Chris Sandow ( from Greg's team ) was born in Joh country

and more.............

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I know Phil, I actually feel sorry for Reggi Rabbit supporters. Always start each season with huge expectations and by seasons end nothing more than a fizzer.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I know Phil, I actually feel sorry for Reggi Rabbit supporters. Always start each season with huge expectations and by seasons end nothing more than a fizzer.

Some people do it tough don't they, Rabbit surporter and born in Queensland.

Oh crap........ I just realised that Sandow has done a Qld ALP MP trick..... jumped ship..... he's a parramata eel now.. My Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Plenty more... lets think- ingraining racism, destroying the states roads by abolishing road taxes to increase his transport company's profits, destruction of heritage buildings in the middle of the night, and legitamising the largest crime organisation Australia has ever seen ie. Qld Police service. Funny how nostaligia tends to wipe clean the wrongs and remeber only the good (of which you have pointed out Pinhead -there were many).

I wont vote Bligh back in but I reckon when (not if) Newman gets in we will find that he is a corrupt individual who will show us that we were given little choice in having a bunch of arseholes taking our tax- either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Plenty more... lets think- ingraining racism, destroying the states roads by abolishing road taxes to increase his transport company's profits, destruction of heritage buildings in the middle of the night, and legitamising the largest crime organisation Australia has ever seen ie. Qld Police service. Funny how nostaligia tends to wipe clean the wrongs and remeber only the good (of which you have pointed out Pinhead -there were many).

I wont vote Bligh back in but I reckon when (not if) Newman gets in we will find that he is a corrupt individual who will show us that we were given little choice in having a bunch of arseholes taking our tax- either way.
    want to tell the facts on that one???

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    no need to feel sorry..I will stick with them anytime. At least they did not bend over for News Corp like most other clubs did...or should I say every other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Oh crap........ I just realised that Sandow has done a Qld ALP MP trick..... jumped ship..... he's a parramata eel now.. My Bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now if Sandow was hanging up his boots at the end of the season that would be "Doing a ALP MP Trick". But to "jump ship" and switch teams would have to be doing a LNP MP trick wouldn't it Phill? I think in the current term of Q State and Fed the score in that department is about LNP 5 to the ALP's 0 ?
    Knuth and Mclindon were elected as LNP but both are now with Katter's mob, and you have Messenger who left the LNP to be an Independent. Then Federally you have that WA National who sits on the cross benches as an Ind, and then there's Slipper of course, he quit the LNP too. One Alp member (Ronan Lee) jumped ship to the Greens in 2008 but there arn't any this term. You also have a BCC Councilor who quit from the LNP in the current term and now sits as an Independent as well. So I guess in the last 5 years Phill it would be LNP 6 to 1.

The cop out of "We dont want them copying our policy" seems to be gaining some credability:

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...ument&src=hp12

and for those slinging mud, at the LNP, somehow claiming that they are the worse of two evils, please:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226289937508

Pinhead- Do I want to tell the facts on that one? Not really- do a search for Bellevue hotel destruction and read all the facts you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Pinhead- Do I want to tell the facts on that one? Not really- do a search for Bellevue hotel destruction and read all the facts you like.
    I do know the facts..was curious whether you did or just believe everything that was written about it.

Here is a couple of interesting articles on the LNP:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-of-csg-deceit

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...306-1ufu0.html

Save our State, please have a good look here:

http://www.ausparty.org.au/

Tumbo..have a read of this one...a good chuckle.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226289867027

we should have a ALP one also:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226290633796