Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    some good points there Phill..but the ALP is not the only Party guilty of ineptitude when it comes to public funds..Can Do lost us a motza with the Clem7 tunnel...a hairbrained scheme. Hopefully the new tunnel will not disappear down that black hole also. I don't know where it will endwith the political parties these days..none seem to be able to deliver a balanced budget and produce what is required.
    I always thought the Clem7 was a private company project ???

RiverCity Motorway Group is a Queensland company, listed on the ASX (Code: RCY), operating Brisbane’s first private tollway - the Clem Jones Tunnel (CLEM7) and FLOW, the official tolling partner for both the CLEM7 and Go Between Bridge.
    The CLEM7 was developed to help relieve traffic congestion across Brisbane. Integrating existing infrastructure is one of the key ways that the CLEM7 is helping to reduce the strain on Brisbane traffic. By providing an additional infrastructure link below the river, the CLEM7 is helping to address transport congestion across the Brisbane CBD.

dunno.... not up to speed on Brisbane City Council issues, more interested in State stuff and Federal.

I also believe the Clem 7 is being used..( getting a small return ) .......... as opposed to the Travestern Dam project............

The Bex didn't work either............

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Rivercity Motorway went bust quite a while back Phill..as the ratepayers of brisbane put 700mill or 70 mill..cannot remeber but a hell of a lot of money into a failed enterprise..and so did many private investors. That tunnel is useless and cost us a fortune. I use that as an example that Campbell is no better at delivering infrastructure cost effectively than the ALP. I cannot wait to see what the real cost of the airport link etc will be..that will be staggering.

As I have said previously..where are the real movers and shakers? Those that can deliver!!!!

Phill, time to break out the Valium Mate. Its still a long run to the finish line in this election. I hope Can Do doesn't do the old Tortoise and the Hare trick. If he keeps focused he will oust Captain Bligh. He probably doesn't need his fishing policy being scrutinised by the Greens etc too far out from the election.
    Its Can Do's vision for all of these tunnels and he has to take some responsibility for their financial failure. I won't go into the stupid thought processes behind the last three Aquatic centres he has built around Brisbane
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Seen any ALP candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish .......I haven't
    Seen any Katter candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish ....I haven't
    Seen any LNP candidates chucking "Mud" on AusFish .......I HAVE , have you?

Phill......Maaaaaate ,WHEN ARE YOU GOING to let us Mushrooms know what the EcoFishers recommendations were to the Major Parties i.e. on my behalf and others here.
    ????.....Please advise ASAP
    Phill , the bit in Orange , asap please.

The bit in Orange.

No worries.

Spell ECOFishers correctly and you may get a response. Highly unlikely, but just maybe. I also do believe I have answered that.

Better still.... tell me what you'd like as part of Rec Fishing policy and then I can confirm, or otherwise your wish / want .

If I were a Snapper, I'd be in the chilli bin by now.........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cheers

Out of curiosity, Greg, did Campbell go to his election for city hall with a mandate from the people in respect of increased infrastructure aka.... tunnels ? If, so.... well that's OK, I suppose. I hope the tunnels produce the goods in years to come, who knows. I use it.

I don't live in the Brisbane City Council zone, so that side of politics slide off the table....

I did happen to read that in 2010, Can Do was voted as 5th Best Mayor in the World,,,, don't know who was voting or what the awards are all about, but apparently it's a big deal... can also add it to the CV, I suppose.

Does Ginger Beer cordial count as a relaxant ??????????

cheers

Gazza........... have you bothered to read post number 19 of this thread ?

if so..

RESPOND ASAP....

P
    LEASE

noted at bottom of thread... no Like... from Gazza...

common mate.... that was a good effort by me

LP

What. no response yet......... common.... you've had 2 minutes. It's not like I'm asking too much. Is it ?

waiting........................................... .............................

NEWS, just to hand.

All Labor supporters have been asked to assemble in the phonebox at the corner of " Blinkers Ave and No Idea Parade ". The speaker for the assembly hopes to be out on Parole to address this gathering and the costs will be borne by every taxpayer, after a top heavy enquiry is conducted. All attendees are to wear a Red shirt, making it much easier for outdoor folks with bullbars to spot them. Further media enquiries, please phone 1300ripyouoff.

copyright acknowledged.

Pink drinks rule.............

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Rivercity Motorway went bust quite a while back Phill..as the ratepayers of brisbane put 700mill or 70 mill..cannot remeber but a hell of a lot of money into a failed enterprise..and so did many private investors. That tunnel is useless and cost us a fortune. I use that as an example that Campbell is no better at delivering infrastructure cost effectively than the ALP. I cannot wait to see what the real cost of the airport link etc will be..that will be staggering.

As I have said previously..where are the real movers and shakers? Those that can deliver!!!!
    Airport Link is a state government project you realise?? Wait till you see the blow out on that Principal contractor lost a heap already. Clem 7 was a Private Public Partnership, the company that runs the tolls is a separate thing and were all tendered seperatley. The PPP is actually a very good way for infrastructure to be built and reduces the cost on the community - (ratepayers/taxpayers). The transapex projects should be looked as a complete system before judging one part of it - of course the Clem7 has limited benefits at the moment - the other tunnels and busways are still being built - judge it then. All these projects have put plenty of people in jobs and something needed to be done - have you seen the traffic estimates for the next 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I'll post it up when I am good and ready... not at your bec and call I have far more important things to do right now, so hang on. OR, read the wish list, in the other thread... it's very similar to that.

If I were to post up the " Wish List " designed to assist in formulating policy.... and those items were not delivered or mentioned in any Political parties policy on Rec Fishing, I would bet my winnings from this State election, that the Tall Poppy Chopper-Downers would be knocking down MY door telling me I failed. NO, I am only the messenger.......

As I stated before............. we will see it soon and digest it in 5 minutes.. what's the rush ?

OR, you could do as I have............. taken a few seconds out of my day and emailed the appropriate people asking for the details of their policy.

Yes, in the past I claimed to be a representative of rec fisher in Queensland, not only financial members of ECOFishers, but certainly fishers from Ausfish ( by gauging their ideas and wishes from posts in relation to their habits and wants ), but I not longer wear that hat, as eluded to in another thread. I am merely a fisho expressing my views with a by-catch of offending some people, which was not intended, as I mentioned . You could say that generalising, the way I do, is wrong or harmful, maybe even naive, but that is the way I feel and therefore putting into words that expression of view.

I think we have done this thread to death and it's going in circles.

cheers
    I'd only like to know what Eco and/or yourself have asked for (on my behalf) in the LNP fishing policy, I can't undersand the secrecy or why you'd get your back up. How do you think you'd react if you were told I had made a request on your behalf but I won't tell you what I asked for, I'm sure you'd be asking me for more info. And how could it be your fault if your (our) request were knocked back by a policy committee anyway?

To promote openness, here are Sunfish's and FFSAQ's full policy requests if anyone would like to view theirs.
    http://www.ffsaq.com.au/docs/election%20policy.htm
    http://www.sunfishqld.com.au/docs/20...licy%20May.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I did happen to read that in 2010, Can Do was voted as 5th Best Mayor in the World,,,, don't know who was voting or what the awards are all about, but apparently it's a big deal... can also add it to the CV, I suppose.
    cheers
    I wouldn't be giving that much credence to international awards if I were you Phill. Swann was awarded world's best treasurer in 2011.

Dammit Mike.....u beat me to it ...

Phil, I agree with pretty much everything you have said, except for the award bit. Wayne Swan was voted best treasurer on the bradbury basis.........he is still a FN IDIOT!!!! Seriously, this guy is f2#$ing bordering on mentally retarded - and he is supposed to be managing the economy....and i dont mean to offend anyone, but seriously......lights are on but, jebus. Jo Hockey looks like a friggin genius when standing beside Wayne....but that is not saying much.

mmmmm, tunnel, or desal plant. Ill take the tunnel thanks - its a good bit of road that is badly needed, and whilst you are at it, build that fn damn you canned how many years ago? FN Idiots!!!!
    My only objection to the tunnel is that traffic does not naturally flow into the tunnel, thats the major design flaw i see. In Syndey, MIG that funded the tunnels had all sort of nasty clauses, that the state government only realised after the fact, (or so they say), to close down service road and maintenance on subsequent routes to funnel traffic into the tunnels and maximise revenue.

Governements waste money, its what they do best. Instead of diverting to much needed areas like more police, nurses, infrastructure etc, they build a climate change centre. The police are spewing at the moment... But Labor, both Federally, and at a state level have taken the wasteful spending to another level. They are going to need some sort of new revenue stream to make up for all the pi$$ing up they have beend doing....mmm 6 billion might help, and we will save the world in the process, ya for us.

The trouble with conservative governments are that they are so tight with the money that they spend nothing on infrastructure / education / health etc ...... they are so hell bent on having money in the bank that everything else falls apart around them . There is a big difference between economic management and progress. Governments should not be in Surplus!!!! - they should be balanced!
    There are complaints about Qld health - but you are about to get a most magnificent childrens hospital (mater) - you have 2 quite new hospitals in Brisbane & one on the gold coast .
    you've got by passes & tunnels built or being built and a great tollway system - ...... new busway and yet people complain

Would you have these or have got these under a conservative government .........Well - only if some family member or friend got some kickback / benefit.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Airport Link is a state government project you realise?? Wait till you see the blow out on that Principal contractor lost a heap already. Clem 7 was a Private Public Partnership, the company that runs the tolls is a separate thing and were all tendered seperatley. The PPP is actually a very good way for infrastructure to be built and reduces the cost on the community - (ratepayers/taxpayers). The transapex projects should be looked as a complete system before judging one part of it - of course the Clem7 has limited benefits at the moment - the other tunnels and busways are still being built - judge it then. All these projects have put plenty of people in jobs and something needed to be done - have you seen the traffic estimates for the next 10 years?
    Yeh agreed, lots of work and infrastructure is badly needed. Do you know if the tunnel from the Western F/Way to the ICB still Bris City Council's, or State Gov or a PPP?
    In late 2099 it was forecast to take 45 years for Brizzy rate payers to pay that one off.
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...0904-fbda.html

so is what is can do going to do for the rest of qld . there is plenty of talk about brisbane and the southeast corner . but nearly a quarter of voters are not living in the se . so my question is what about the rest of the state?
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT